linux vs windows hosting?

• Rambosko
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Rambosko

Post 3+ Months Ago

What is the difference? can I still use a linux host using windows? do I need any knowledge of the linux operating system?
  • nsuk
  • nsuk
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,
Linux and Windows are two completely different operating systems, so like windows xp you cant install a copy of apple macs software onto it.
If you have any more questions add me to msn: support (AT) need-space.co.uk

regards
  • Intruder BG
  • Intruder BG
  • Loc: Belgrade - City of Paviljoni

Post 3+ Months Ago

Rambosko wrote:
What is the difference? can I still use a linux host using windows? do I need any knowledge of the linux operating system?

Khm, I didn`t understand your question very well but in case it is a LINUX host then it has Linux on that machine and can`t be a Windows host in any case. On the other hand if it is Windows Host then it has Windows Operating sistem and can`t be Linux in any case. Linux and Windows are two operating systems!
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

What Rambosko is asking is, (AFAIK) "can I use a linux host if I am running Windows on my desktop at home?"

That's what you meant right?

Of course you can. If your host uses a gui for it's customers (some sort of panel or what not; [plesk, cpanel, etc.]) you don't need to know anything about the OS.

Guys, if you don't understand the question, ask. Telling people that they are different operating systems is fairly basic, even for this forum.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts