Linux vs Windows reselling

• ibragimm
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm in two minds as for reselling from Arteryplanet.net. They offer Linux and Windows reselling but can anybody tell the best one to start from?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• CirtexHosting
  • Born
  • Born
  • CirtexHosting

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that demond for the linux is bigger so start with linux.
  • funnyface
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • funnyface
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Linux is cheaper, and it supports 95% of internet software, except for MS applications, like ASP or .NET, for which you need only windows hosting.
  • franticuser
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • franticuser

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd start from Linux reselling. First choose the right company for that and then the plan that meet your needs. As you are a beginner I'd advise you shared hosting from such companies as GoDaddy.com and SharkSpace.com. Their plans are the most resourceful and I'm sure you'll find there what you need.
  • joice
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • joice

Post 3+ Months Ago

franticuser wrote:
I'd start from Linux reselling. First choose the right company for that and then the plan that meet your needs. As you are a beginner I'd advise you shared hosting from such companies as GoDaddy.com and SharkSpace.com. Their plans are the most resourceful and I'm sure you'll find there what you need.

Agreed. windows reselling is not as popular as linux. You may expand your activity further.

I would like to suggest you visiting MMhosting.com and look up their reseller plans - I think they are one of the cheapest on the net.
  • Tonzilit
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Much depends on your final aims.
Linux is always preferable one as there are many open-sources are allowed to install on this OS. Downtownhost.com suits well for that.
Cheap prices and good support.
  • Pof
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Pof

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd like to share my experience with you towards the most reliable hosting companies, which you can deal with and which will satisfy your requirements.
As for reselling, I can suggest Ahosting.biz and Hostgator.com Their reseller hosting packages are hosted on Intel Dual Xeon servers and using CentOS operation system with WHM (Web Host Manager) where you can control your reseller account. They both offer Linux and Windows reselling, but I recommend you to choose Linux if you offer reseller packages from them.
  • boilingpoint
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Better to start from linux reselling and then expand, because linux is more demanded platform, and windows is more expensive what requires good reputation to get more (or at least some clients).
  • ibragimm
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Linux is better as it's cheaper.
  • Samuraii
  • Student
  • Student
  • Samuraii

Post 3+ Months Ago

joice wrote:
Windows reselling is not as popular as linux. You may expand your activity further.
I would like to suggest you visiting MMhosting.com and look up their reseller plans - I think they are one of the cheapest on the net.

I absolutely agree with you that it is better to start with Linux reselling and MMhosting.com is one of the best hosts for reselling. You know, reliability is very important to compete and maintain customer relations.
  • Robin007
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I highly recommend you to start reselling with Aspnix.com, because it is the most suitable company for windows reselling - it is a little bit expensive than Linux, but you know "you will get what you pay for". To my mind, it is better to pay some extra dollars and get qualitative services.
  • funnyface
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • funnyface
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think Webhostgiant.com suits starters well. They are cheapest provider I know, though they are rather qualified and longstanding. Their multiple accounts based on windows platform are good for starting a reseller business.
  • interactiveonline
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Tampa, FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

Linux hosting definitely... specifically cPanel Hosting
  • Ofario
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Ofario

Post 3+ Months Ago

Both linux and windows reselling are offered by gazzin.com - this company is trusted by people and has good affordable prices. One more advantage is free trial which they offer for linux reselling plans.
  • RosieJanette
  • Born
  • Born
  • RosieJanette

Post 3+ Months Ago

Linux is more reasonable investment, since it is more popular than windows, unless you are going to deal only with design studios....

Also, I advice you not only compare deals of one company, but from different providers as well. This allows to get more objective notion on the market state...

Good linux reselling are there also at ahosting.biz, resellerzoom.com and other providers, you can find in search engine.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts