Looking for 50MB of permanent free webspace

• prague
  • Born
  • Born
  • prague

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am a journalist living in Prague, and I have a very basic (free) website where I archive some of my old print work.

I would like to post a recording of an hour-long radio discussion program that I hosted (see http://www.volny.cz/praguereporter/radio/index.html - the final item). However, there isn't enough space left on my website to accomodate this. Instead, I would like to post the file somewhere else and provide a link to it from my website.

The recording in question is almost 50MB, but this could be chopped into two parts of equal size (i.e. 25MB + 25MB).

I have located various places that offer free web space, but they all seem to delete files that aren't downloaded at least once a month.

I can't imagine that my soundfile would get more than 8 or 10 hits a year - but even so, I'd like to find somewhere that would host it indefinitely - it would always be there when someone wanted to listen to it, and I wouldn't have to worry about it disappearing or being deleted at any time. I don't care if I'd have to put up with banner advertising, etc. in return for the free space ... as long as it's reliable.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks,

James
praguereporter@volny.cz
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• boilingpoint
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

You may go to the Freewebspace and find yourself a free host or even a paid one who will agree to host you for free.
  • MasterZ
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Colorado Springs

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would find a free website host, such as tripod or something else just to hold your file, and then link to it from your website.

That's what I did with one of my old sites, I uploaded all pics to a tripod account and then linked them all from my website. Not the best way of doing that for a bunch of images, but I was a fresh website designer and didn't know better ;)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts