Looking for a good reliable host for my website PLEASE HELP

• alik
  • Born
  • Born
  • alik

Post 3+ Months Ago

i'm trying to open a site to sell stuff online, i need it to work with data base
currently i have a domain on 1and1.com but it's for private use.i need something for a small business. (something cheap and reliable) i checked 1and1.com but not sure what they offering and if it's any good (i don't really understand this stuff)

PLEASE help.
  • BartAfterDark
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • BartAfterDark

Post 3+ Months Ago

It depends if you want a PHP or ASP based site.
1and1.com seems to have a fair price and much to offer.
  • Fitness4Living
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Belfast, Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

have a quick search of this forum using the search facility, I think Ive seen a few similar posts which may help you.
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are lots of hosts out there. Do some research on google and on this forum. Lots of people here are web hosts also, you may also check the website address in my signature.

However, if you are planning on starting up a shopping website then reliability is the key. Make sure you know what languages you want to use, and then compare it to the web host you are researching on.

Also, since its a shopping website don't go for cheap.
  • Psilokan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Psilokan
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

My favourite hosting is Brinkster. I think they're part of Microsoft or something, I read it somewhere once but was never able to confirm it. They have PHP and mySQL for all of the open-source programmers, and they also have ASP and ASP.net for the windows based programmers. Only things they lack are Perl and CGI support. I personally have a developer account because of the MS SQL Sever 2000 database.

Also, check out http://www.thehostingchart.com, its a great site for comparing web services.[/url]
  • Casey
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Iowa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've used Brinkster before (long ago). They used to offer free hosting withhout advertising. They seemed very reliable and they provided a lot of documentation to help you out. (I was pretty new to design then)

I would recommend them.
  • alik
  • Born
  • Born
  • alik

Post 3+ Months Ago

there are so many sites with so called review and every single one is different. so i thought i'd get some personal reviews here....it's always better to heart it from some one who actually uses it or used to.

i was thinking to go with 1and1.com and even though i don't know any other hosting sites, i'm almost sure it's not the best deal.

Thanks guys.
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Go to web host review websites. (Google.com : Search: "Web hosting reviews").

Check on previous posts by doing a search on this website for web host requests/reviews. See personal reviews on there.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts