Looking for hosting

• putri
  • Born
  • Born
  • putri
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Currently my hosting company is icdsoft.com. They've been great and it's only $5/mo for 500MB of space. I have my own smtp, so for the space is plenty, the email support is super fast, and they're up all the time it seems. The only thing is that I only have 2 MySQL database to play with. I can get more but I have to pay extra. Does anybody know of any good hosting company, with about the same price that has more database?

Thanks!
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
They've been great and it's only $5/mo for 500MB of space. I have my own smtp, so for the space is plenty, the email support is super fast, and they're up all the time it seems. The only thing is that I only have 2 MySQL database to play with. I can get more but I have to pay extra

If i were you, i pay extra. Theres nothing like a company that makes you happy.

'You get what you pay for' - For $5 that's a bargain in my opinion. No matter what other companies charge.

<// edited: I just viewed the package and they give you 7GB bandwidth also. Seems like its more than a bargain.
  • placid psychosis
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Warsaw, IN

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've made do with one database for a massive site before... It's all about planning your tables. Otherwise, I'd just spend the extra instead of hassle with moving hosts.
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting
  • Loc: Wishing I was in Kicking Horse

Post 3+ Months Ago

placid psychosis is absolutely correct - just use different DB prefixes and you can run as many apps/"db's" as you require from a single mysql db.

$5 is really cheap for 500 MB space - if youre happy there - no need to look elsewhere...
  • Ishboo
  • Ishboo

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.hostm.com $6 1.8 gigs private smtp 20 mysql 20 ftp 4 addon domains 20 subdomains and 50 or 50 gigs transfer
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

Unless the extra database is more than $2.00/mo I would stay there and avoid places that give you everything including the kitchen sink for little or nothing. In the end you often end up with just that or an annual commitment.

Ishboo wrote:
www.hostm.com $6 1.8 gigs private smtp 20 mysql 20 ftp 4 addon domains 20 subdomains and 50 or 50 gigs transfer
  • WebHost
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • WebHost

Post 3+ Months Ago

As suggested above, if you are satisfied with your current host. I will also advise you to stick to your current host... you will save great amount of trouble in terms of finding and searching a host for you and then moving and settling with new host.

BTW: you have a good bargain IMHO.
  • etechsupport
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes, it's better to stick with the existing one as you're already getting good service and support from that host providers. By paying some amt extra at least good rather than putting your time and efforts to search a new reliable one.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts