Multiple domains from one account

• free2xlr8
  • Born
  • Born
  • free2xlr8

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I have a question regarding web hosting , i would like to know if it's possible to buy a domain and webspace, and put multiple domains in that space (no subdomains).

Dont know if i explained it that well....

Buy space for 1 website and use it for multiple websites with different domain names.

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• TomK
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, that is very possible.
  • OSGEN
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • OSGEN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, they are usually called "Add-on" domains.
  • fawh
  • Student
  • Student
  • fawh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alot of web hosts offer multiple domain hosting on one account. Just ask them if they do before you sign up.
  • dreams
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: New Delhi

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi

try securemate.com i am using the same, go to reseller account and you can take webspace as per your need and unlimited database and domains hosting plans start from $ 20 per month onwards.

But remember they were very poopr in replying the mail. I never received any mail response from them but if i post something in customer support centre then i get there response in 24 hours.

Rest you will have to decide.
  • Impel GD
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Impel GD
  • Loc: Cologne, Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have a look at http://www.hosting-unlimited.net/multi-10.php

They're based in the UK with US servers, and their MultiDomain-10 account gives you decent space and bandwidth specs for use with up to 10 domains.

Prices currently £9.95 per month or £24.95 per quarter (no VAT to add as they're not VAT registered).

Have been with them for about 4 months now and I'm pleased. They even have a 1 hour support response policy.
  • ilyawizard
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ilyawizard

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very possible. When u sign up for account with multiple domains, u'' have acces to panel, where u choose which domain links to which folder. All u need to do then is create multiple websites and put them in different folders , which u assigned before.
  • thecodman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: CT, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

dreams wrote:
hi

try securemate.com i am using the same, go to reseller account and you can take webspace as per your need and unlimited database and domains hosting plans start from $ 20 per month onwards.

You don't need a reseller account, although it may make it easier for you. You just need a host that allows add-on domains.
  • webinv
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webinv

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use 1&1 hosting. You can add on additional domains for $5.99 a year and sometimes they discount it to $2.99 and with 2GB of space, SQL, and other nice attributes it is well worth it to me.
  • ilyawizard
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ilyawizard

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.1and1.com is one of the best I'd say. I'm planning on using this one. Very easy to maintain (the price is not the cheapest one though, but service is greate). $2.99 is for name.us domains only.
  • fourthring
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Diego / Beijing

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah It is easy. I use dreamhost.com and simplyhosting.net . They both offer reselling capabilities, scripting, and ssh login.
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting
  • Loc: Wishing I was in Kicking Horse

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Yes, they are usually called "Add-on" domains.

Add-On Domains is distinctly different then true multiple domain hosting. I believe "Add On" Domains is CPanel's multiple domain solution.

However, if you require to manage each domain individually within 1 hosting account - then take a look at hosts that offer the following control panels:

Ensim, Helm (I believe) and H-Sphere.

Hope this helps...
  • Impel GD
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Impel GD

Post 3+ Months Ago

CartikaHosting wrote:
Add-On Domains is distinctly different then true multiple domain hosting. I believe "Add On" Domains is CPanel's multiple domain solution.

However, if you require to manage each domain individually within 1 hosting account - then take a look at hosts that offer the following control panels:

Ensim, Helm (I believe) and H-Sphere.

cPanel also has WHM (Web Host Manager) which is provided by hosting companies for multi account admin: http://www.cpanel.net/
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi David,

I am quite familiar with WHM - however, and I apologize, Im not here to debate the validity or superiority of 1 CP over another - However, adding folders to a public_html directory is not indicative of multiple domain hosting - it is a "makeshift" solution...

CPanel is a wonderful control panel, with lots of features - I am quite a fan of it - however, with respect to the requirements of the OP, I do not think it is best suited for, nor designed for multiple domain virtual hosting.

Thanks
  • Impel GD
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Impel GD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Andrew

The adding of folders to a public_html directory is what addon domains do. The WHM is entirely different and actually deals with seperate hosting accounts and domains, enabling administration of disk space, bandwidth, databases, email accounts etc.

See here: http://www.cpanel.net/features-whm.html

For instance, I have setup different hosting accounts for my customers using WHM, and one of those customers uses his cPanel for three addon domains.
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmmmm

Maybe this is a good thread to read:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/archive/t ... 481-1.html

WHM improves the Add-On domain functionality - but again, its still just a makeshift solution....

Either way - appreciated the discussion - Any time I learn something new, its a good experience - and I did learn something about WHM I didnt know :)
  • Impel GD
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Impel GD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Andrew

I'm certainly not in the know on these things - just know what WHM and cPanel let me do.

Why do you say WHM is a makeshift solution? Seems to be setup specifically to do what it does, and, as mentioned before, the addon domain feature is in cPanel - not the higher level WHM...

Would be grateful if you could explain.
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi David,

It all comes down to the way each specific Control Panel is designed to function (in my opinion).

CPanel was not created with multiple domain hosting in mind - and "Add-On" domains was created to try and address this market demand. However, it pretty much failed (which is when, as a provider, I left CPanel). WHM, by definition is an Add-On to CPanel is an attempt to add core functionality to a system that is not designed for it. As such, I would view this as a make shift solution, vs core, engineered for functionality. Normal, everyday users may or may not notice the differences - but, when it comes time for migration, expansion, bug fixing, stabilization, etc... the differences become quite apparent.. Any end user who has had to reconfigure accounts without any understanding of why FTP accounts, domain settings, etc have been reset or disappeared have experienced this very difference...

Again, this is all just my opinion from my experiences
  • Impel GD
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Impel GD

Post 3+ Months Ago

I see. Thanks.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 19 posts