Need help and advice

• bdavis7249
  • Born
  • Born
  • bdavis7249

Post 3+ Months Ago

HI,

I ,ve purchased an windows based ecommerce application about a year ago
I have been having several security and functionality problems with my current hosting company. So I've decided maybe I should transfer to another hostng service. I don't know too much about migrating. My current host (who are also the website developers) said it would take about 10 hours to migrate to another hosting company (needless to say, who are charging a hefty fee.). For those of you who are alot more knowledeable than I, ? (1)Do it normally take that long? (2) Is this something I could do myself? (3)What do you think is a reasonable fee for this? (4) Do you know of a hosting company that offer migration service? Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,
BJ
  • rllunzmann
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • rllunzmann
  • Loc: Wisconsin

Post 3+ Months Ago

(1)Do it normally take that long? - It really depends whats entailed with your whole site and what exactly will need to be migrated, more details will help.

(2) Is this something I could do myself? - Tis possible, what control panel does your current host have you use?

(3)What do you think is a reasonable fee for this? - can't answer until i get question #1 properly answered.

(4) Do you know of a hosting company that offer migration service? Your help is appreciated. - We always transition customers for free, each host is different though, i would be sure to ask before you get involved to far.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts