i need help finding GOOD hosting!

• b34nz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • b34nz

Post 3+ Months Ago

whats the best host? price wise and quality wise?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting
  • Loc: Wishing I was in Kicking Horse

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow - this is a tough question - and often times best price doesnt equate into the best service.

Are there any particular features you are looking for?
  • TomK
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

You're being a bit to broad. What requirements do you need? What's your budget?
  • etechsupport
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

To illustrate it well, Customer judge higher priced restaurant promotes itself as being better by the use of expensive decor, linen table cloth, costly painting and so forth.

Other things being equal many customers still equate with quality even though price difference don't always represent difference in quality.
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I understand why you posted this question. Too many web hosts out there with a wide variety of choices. It is always best to look for reviews.
  • etechsupport
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Definitely, Correct review is essential, However my illustration can help him to look for a most cost effective host providers with quality service and support too with a reasonable price.
  • Casey
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Iowa

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's really a very broad question. What are you looking for?
Low price? Speed? Customer Service? Features?

Many hosts each have their own niche. Some are cheap, some offer fancy tools, and some offer great support packages. (Mine is personal support)

It's impossible to say without knowing what you're looking for.
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

In order for anyone to be able to answer this question honestly they would need to have used every webhost as a basis for comparison. Since this is not a practical reality I suggest reiterating your question to include examples of the type of site, enviroment (*nix or Windows), database, scripting etc you intend to run.

A good place to start your quest would be to search the forums here and at webhostingtalk.com for keywords pertinent to the type of hosting you seek eg: Windows, LAMP, *nix, adult, etc. Make a short list of participating hosts that interest you. Preferably with a minimum 30 day money back guarantee. Email them questions, read their TOS/AUP, email them a few more questions and before you know it you will have gauged response times, communication skills, and more. Then you will have a clear basis on which to give your new host a try with an understanding that should you be unsatisfied you can get your money back!

Additionally I suggest you pay for hosting you expect to use not chase deals that promise you a whole lot for very little. Especially when the same are regular offerings. The later seldom offers you more bang for your buck. In the end you often get exactly what and/or what little you paid for.
  • Fitness4Living
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Belfast, Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I advice searching google for webhosts and search for the "must have" features your hosting provider would need to have. As someone mentioned here, one of the best things to do is look at reviews that the averafe jo have made.
Good luck with your new site!
  • etechsupport
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think if he is going to search in google, might be possibility that he is going to be little confused after seeing so many hosting companies listed there.

Hence, I feel the forums are the right place to judge a host providers actual review and ranking in terms of their credibility and reliability.

However, the suggestion of Uncensored-Hosting is good.
  • b34nz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • b34nz

Post 3+ Months Ago

yea, i have 3 sites right now on 3 hosts and all three are *plum* hosting. one is down as we speak. the other is up and down and the other has ftp problems.

i have a url redirection site ly2.com (currently down)
i have a dating/rating site coming soon egokill.com (ftp problems)
and i have gangsterpimps.com and its getting a redesign (slow server sometimes)

i know the url redirect needs some kind of special *plum* like wildcard dns or something? i just want a plan so i can stick all of my sites on it and be done. im sick of these *plum* hole in the wall hosting people. and i dont wanna spend 10million dollars a month on hosting either. i was with [banned domain] and they are cheap as hell and gave me no problems plus they offer lots for just 7.95 a month but they dont offer wildcard dns so i had to leave them.
  • jmweb
  • Student
  • Student
  • jmweb
  • Loc: 127.0.0.1

Post 3+ Months Ago

b34nz wrote:
yea, i have 3 sites right now on 3 hosts and all three are *plum* hosting. one is down as we speak. the other is up and down and the other has ftp problems.

i have a url redirection site ly2.com (currently down)
i have a dating/rating site coming soon egokill.com (ftp problems)
and i have gangsterpimps.com and its getting a redesign (slow server sometimes)

i know the url redirect needs some kind of special *plum* like wildcard dns or something? i just want a plan so i can stick all of my sites on it and be done. im sick of these *plum* hole in the wall hosting people. and i dont wanna spend 10million dollars a month on hosting either. i was with [banned domain] and they are cheap as hell and gave me no problems plus they offer lots for just 7.95 a month but they dont offer wildcard dns so i had to leave them.

Theres a saying in the web hosting industry, it is you get what you pay for. Same as everything else in life. You go to a car parking lot and ask for a brand new BMW at the price of a Ford Tempo and you'll got an odd look from the sales guy. If you want quality, you have to pay for it. Obviously the Ford Tempo will not be able to perform like the BMW and obviously the BMW is going to cost more. Out of the 3 sites I've looked at of yours, they are all with too good to be true hosts.

You can also compare buying hosting to a hotel. If you get a hotel room that costs $30 a night then obviously the hotel room isn't going to be so hot. Yet compare that same hotel room with a $300 a night hotel room.

Bottom line is, you get what you pay for. You pay cheap rates for lots of service, you get cheap service.
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should expect to pay between $10-15.00/mo for a quality multi-domain plan willing to customize your DNS.
  • hasnatme
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you still looking for a webhost..then I will recommend you http://www.websitesource.com it will allow you a very high end server and very high 40GB bandwidth per month only from 7.95$/mon and we use it..so we can give you gaurantee..and you can host up to 4 website with 1600 MBdisk space.
  • confusedSQL
  • Loc: Washington DC, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like http://eniki.net

They initially had some extended downtime issues on their shared server back in '03 when I started using them after a RHE upgrade went awry, but since they worked that out I've had about 95% uptime.

Their prices are very competitive, and the service/support is very good.
  • TomK
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have heard very good things about http://www.sonataweb.net/

They seem to get nothing but praise from all the reviews I've read. Also, they're big enough to offer you hosting at an affordable price but small enough that you'll have a personal relationship with their staff. I don't actually use them, but if I was looking for a webhost, this would probaly be the one I would choose.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

okie dokie well I think you have some good advice there so I'm going to lock this thread now :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts