need new host, need advice

• Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: 404

Post 3+ Months Ago

my current host is playing up and im jsut out of the return policy time...

i was thinking of getting hosting at lypha.com

anyone have advice? i utterly need all the php functions enabled and no annoying dissalowed permissions or filenames like some hosts have...and a host with a custom package option is preferable. also, it must NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT be a reseller. every reseller anyone i know or i have used has gone bust or stopped working etc
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please respond to Bozebo with your offers or your hosting advice in PM ONLY!
Any message subsequent to this that contains hosting information will be deleted.
  • Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

no1 will help me anyway lol
  • liquidmoe
  • Born
  • Born
  • liquidmoe
  • Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Because you have some very particular requirements in regards to your php setup it may make it worthwhile for you to find a host that lists the contact information for their support department up front. This way you can send your inquiry directly to the people that would be working on your server and find out if they have it configured in a way that would allow all of your scripts to function properly. Then they could pass your query along to sales if everything is how you need it to be.
  • Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

i found 2 which i managed to contact, one was lypha.com but their signup proccess is impossible and confusing so i'm not going with hem if they can't manage a proper signup, the other was plus.net isp and webhost... i would have to sign up to the internet with them in order to get the great webhosting.
  • liquidmoe
  • Born
  • Born
  • liquidmoe
  • Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would say keep searching till you find exactly what you are looking for. Migrating half way through is always a pain, although its easier if the host you are moving to migrates your sites for you.

Eventually though you should hit upon someone that has exactly what you are looking for.
  • ahevans
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ahevans

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use servage who offer loads of bandwidth and storage and little restrictions. You can get em at http://www.servage.net/?coupon=nortymunki Note; the coupon on the end means that you get either extra storage/bandwidth as a referal and I get a month free, just being honest.

The only thing which lets them down is the included stats package cos it on clustered machines, so its dead basic. Google Analytics helps gets round this though with in page code for tracking.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts