Need the FTP id of previous host. what to do?

• jazzd1
  • Born
  • Born
  • jazzd1

Post 3+ Months Ago

My old webmaster was hosting my site until she decided to close her web business down..My site was up on her server for free for over a year until about two/ three weeks ago..I set up another host account BUT they (new host) told me i needed the ftp ip, username and pw to transfer the site.. I have the user and the pw BUT i have no idea how to get the ftp ip.. So my site is now offline..My old webmaster have been UNREACHABLE for close to a year.. I wanted to move my site when she closed her business just because of this reason but after tried reaching her several times back then, no response..Wrote her again a few days ago but again, no response.. OK, What should i do to get the ftp id of my previous host? What should my next step be? Thanks..jazzd1
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hope you have a backup somewhere else.

First, check any FTP applications you have to make sure you don't already have the IP saved in a bookmark or somthing.

Otherwise.

If your new host has already altered the DNS entries (eg typing the address in a browser takes you to the new sites location) you'll need to use somthing like http://www.domaintools.com/hosting-history/ to determine the previous IP address.

If they haven't, you should be able to get the IP from a normal WHOIS lookup using the domain name (eg yoursite.com) as input.

In either case, there really is a slim chance that your account & files still exist at the old location after 2-3 weeks.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts