Do i need VPS

• binu_ji
  • binu_ji

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello, i have now hosting my site on shared server. I am getting average of 1300 visitors per day and the page view is around 6000-8000 per day.
I am using asp with mysql. Do i need to go for VPS.
Because my hosting company is not so good and the server fails frequently.
Also the number of sites on there server is going on increasing.
Is shared hosting is enough for me or do i want to go for VPS.

You webmasters please answer me, thanks for your time. :D
  • cipher
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would recommend that you get a VPS. Given the amount of traffic you are receiving I think you need the semi-dedication that a VPS affords. Personally, I would not be able to put up with this on a shared host. Look into slicehost.com you can get a 256MB slice for $20 a month.
  • binu_ji
  • binu_ji

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your reply, i am also thinking for VPS
  • Underneath
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

VPS would be good. I'd also adicve you to look for some VPS with burstable RAM, like is offered by ServerPoint.com, this will allow to survive huge traffic.
  • tan_go
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think VPS is the ideal solution for you.
Guess you need it on Windows OS, think globaltap.com will be the way to go for you. Prices are affordable.
  • Robin007
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with the other members entirely that VPS hosting solution will be far more better for you - it has much more better features and faster speed connection. As for recommendation, check hostcats.com as I heard good feedbacks from the people using VPS hosting from this company.
  • boilingpoint
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I guess you do. The VPS, especially with burst RAM will give you more freedom and performance than a shared hosting account.

For quality VPS take a look a2hosting.com - I like this company, and hope they will suit you well.
  • Andrew1
  • Andrew1

Post 3+ Months Ago

Another option you might want to look at is a semi-dedicated plan, which is shared hosting but with much fewer accounts on the server.

Andrew
  • interactiveonline
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Tampa, FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

What type of content do you have on your site? Do you have videos and photos galleries as well? The type of content is going to be a huge factor in determining if you need a VPS... but in my opinion you don't need one with that amount of traffic. You just need a more reliable host. Who are you currently hosting with? What is the URL to your website?
  • ibragimm
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

At OP, you may use Aspnix.com VPS deal as you are using asp with mysql.
This company provides Windows services at low rate and I believe they will suit you well.
  • Samuraii
  • Student
  • Student
  • Samuraii

Post 3+ Months Ago

Taking into account the situation you have faced, I suggest you to buy VPS hosting. I know that ayksolutions.com offers variety of this hosting solution at cheap price. You may contact its skillful support and ask them everything you need - they will do their best to help you.
  • joice
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • joice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am to support opinion about necessity of VPS - This would be very good for you. Moreover, I think you need something with burst RAM and maybe unmetered bandwidth - I can recommend santrex.net for that purpose,as they have suitable plans on various platforms. Take a look I suppose you could find a reliable solution there.
  • Pof
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Pof

Post 3+ Months Ago

On the strength of the mentioned above recommendation, I also advise you to try hostcats.com services. This company's staff knows how to their job qualified. Settle for a reliable host that charges a reasonably high rate and offers good service.
  • DanKo
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

VPS will be the best solution in any case.
Aspnix.com might be good for this goal. It provides secured VPS at low price along with superb customer service.
  • Underneath
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Andrew1 wrote:
Another option you might want to look at is a semi-dedicated plan, which is shared hosting but with much fewer accounts on the server.

Agreed, but not at all, semidedicated server could be good, I even know a good provider for it - a2hosting, but this is more expensive than VPS and still is not more than large shared hosting account, which doeasn't give tyou the full server access...
  • nanihost
  • Born
  • Born
  • nanihost

Post 3+ Months Ago

Go for the VPS, you will get slow remain in the shared host.Make your early decision and wont bother in the future.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts