im new and i need help

• unclewayne
  • Born
  • Born
  • unclewayne
  • Loc: bakers. CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im looking for a place that offers free unlimited bandwidth, MySQL, and atleast 5 MB of webspace. can anyone help me?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• monster
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Vancouver, BC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am sorry to pass the bad news but your search for an unlimited bandwidth host will be one of finding many scam artists, fly by night companies and hosts that are lying.

Their truely is no such thing as Unlimited Bandwidth, take some time to understand the file size of your website and find hosting that suites your needs.

If you don't and still go with someone with unlimited bandwidth then we will see you in a few months telling us how you got burned by that company.

Hope this helps!
  • NW-Allwin
  • NW-Allwin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Absolutely. A webhosting company has to pay for both the server and the bandwidth. They cannot really afford to provide you with unlimited bandwidth. It doesn't exist :)
  • unclewayne
  • Born
  • Born
  • unclewayne
  • Loc: bakers. CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, the host im using now provides a very suitable amount of bandwidth, they say unlimited but i suppose its not. i know they provide over 2 GB of bandwidth, my friend has a popular site that would get 1400+ hits a week so that would take up a great amount. But what im mostly looking for is MySQL and a pretty good monthly supply of bandwidth.
  • NW-Allwin
  • NW-Allwin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hits are not really a measure of transfer. One of the forums we host has close to 8 million hits a month and takes up around 20 GB. You need to calculate pageviews and average size of pages.

Most of the providers nowadays do provide more than 5GB per month. Also, if your current host provides unlimited bandwidth, do check their AUP or terms of service. There is a 95% chance that they have a clause to terminate high transfer sites ;)
  • stinger
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • stinger
  • Loc: San Jose, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I prefer to go with

http://www.ipowerweb.com

I have had quick responses with support and no problems with their hosting.

They offer 30gig transfer @ 6.95/mo if you pay for 2 yrs.

I think thats a good deal
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

there's always http://www.unflux.net (shameful plug, i know) ;)
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like http://www.myprohost.com :)
  • s15199d
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: NC, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are a lot of things to take into consideration when seeking a host. I must say that CHIEF among the things you should consider is support, and the best way I've found to judge a Host's support is by reading some customer reviews. They're out there...just give it a look see.
  • Cae
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I am sorry to pass the bad news but your search for an unlimited bandwidth host will be one of finding many scam artists, fly by night companies and hosts that are lying.

Their truely is no such thing as Unlimited Bandwidth

http://www.illusionfxnet.com ive had a site there for a while now, and they were offering unlimited bandwidth as long as it is above 10mB/month, snd that was with thier free accounts, however you do have to submit an application, and mine took a couple of weeks to get through so... but also, there was some talk by one of the admins of limiting the bandwidth, i think it was to something like 10mB, a month, but if you get in before the new procedures go into affect they say they will let you keep your unlimited bandwidth status...
  • MadCow
  • Born
  • Born
  • MadCow
  • Loc: Tampa Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

do a search on ipowerweb before going there. From what i have read they take forever and a day for support requests and they do not have a good reputation.

Good luck with your search,
Bryan

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts