New hosting company!!

• samuraigecko
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • samuraigecko
  • Loc: fort lauderdale FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.serversun.com/

GREAT prices!! my site is run off of it, it is REALLY nice transfer speeds. i just need to give him my money for domain :-D but really he has *i think* the best deals around, also all of the proceds go to him build more to the sever ( it hads NEVER been down) and to him geting more severs. hope you like it!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Nego
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just signed up with them! I wonder how it will work out...
  • Draztik

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just checked out their prices and I'm thinking about switching over to them. But Im a little weary of brand new hosting companies. Does ANYONE have some experience with them they would like to share?
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

they are definetly great prices, but I am always weary of companies I dont know either, especially if you are using them to put clients onto.
  • Nego
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I signed up with them and so far so good.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK cool - well time will tell hey! :D
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nego wrote:
Well, I signed up with them and so far so good.

nothing like a good, hearty testimonial, eh? ;) :P
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am a little weary of new things, only because I have been bitten before by hostonce.com who at the time offered unlimited space for a really good price. I had the hassle that the site was always down and getting email was a pain, their support was non-existant and seemed to only consist of auto generated letter based on key words on your actual support email lol - in the end I had to pull my customers off it and wear the extra charge of moving them to another company. what a nightmare. :roll:
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

thats why it was called hostonce,

you host it there once, then never again :-p
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

ahahahahaaaaa!!!

:roll:
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

clever one, ain't he? ;)
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes sometimes he suprises us!! :wink:
  • Nego
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ooo, my new site is almost done (the host seems very good for now) Ill post it in the review forum apon completion
  • sirgamesalot
  • sirgamesalot
  • Loc: london ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

You do all know that it will be impossible for you to use 50GB of bandwidith. There Servers are located at Nac.net and nacs bandwidth is OK and not the cheapest in price.

Look at the math, if 5 of you sign up and use your 70GB of bandwidth it would be around 350GB of bandwith which is about a Dedicated T1, which runs at 399$/month (the provider varys tho). and with those 5 accounts that host would be making a solid 25$. Now you tell me how this host would be able to make money off this, let alone pay staff members and for the server its self.

My idea is that he/she is overselling way to much. I would say none of you guys would even be able to break 20GB without getting an e-mail saying that you must upgrade your account etc.

Not only that, but there servers are not the best either :(

Im not flaming just supplying the facts.

Best regards,
Eddy

BTW first post ! :P
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Gday Eddie,

I am not sure I entirely understand that post, I have never really understood the whole thing of bandwidth except that to have the option of more than you need is good :wink: but hey welcome to the board anyways, post an intro over at:
http://www.ozzu.com/viewtopic.php?t=4

Cheers,
Rose~!
  • sirgamesalot
  • sirgamesalot

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well if you have any questions just ask that post was a little rushed.

But the number ONE thing you do before picking a host is to find out everything you can about them. Thats what i like to do when i see people loseing lots of money in hosting. I mean the math doesnt even add up lol.

Regards,
Eddy
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

good advice I am the same, its important, especially when you are putting your clients on with them and they keep stuffing up/going down etc
  • sanjose
  • Born
  • Born
  • sanjose

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well your beliefs and antics about new hosting companies are true. This company has no clue in customer server nor do they realize that when they say "we will respond by 24 hours" that customers expect a response in 24 hours. At first I thought it was odd that after I made a payment to them that I didn't recieve one word of information back about the payment to them. So I didn't think to much of it. (I paid them 19.95 on Oct. 16th at 5:38 pm) So I decided to send a quick email after about 19 hours has passed. Just to make sure they did get my payment. But no resonse. So I waited even longer like after the 24 hours like about a day and a half. After the 2nd email still no resonse, nor any info on my account. So I sent another email, but this time to the compuserve paypal email account. Still no response. Does this company think that recieving payment and not replying is going to get them more customers? Very piss poor customer service.

So now I have reversed the transaction through paypal and hopefully I will recieve some sort of payment back. It just goes to show that anyone can be a fool, especially on new hosting companies such as this. I'd wait another 5 months before I even think about looking at their site again. And samuraigecko, are you sure your're not friends with the owner of the company "Michael Young"? because you seemed to have really good luck in getting a response.

Anyone else having problems? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :( :(
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

that sounds like your experiencing digusting customer service.

which is why i tend to aim more for the larger ones who have been around a while. Today i signed up with http://www.powwebs.com their prices and products seem good value. the other thing i like is they have a large community who hang on a forum run by the site, which says to me they are people & service friendly.

i am always so weary of new companies because I know how many of them actually stick around once they realise the enormity of running a succesful hosting company. not many!

i am really sorry you had bad luck with the topic starter. Nego said he signed up with them I wonder how he has found his service with them... Nego?
  • sanjose
  • Born
  • Born
  • sanjose

Post 3+ Months Ago

sanjose wrote:
Well your beliefs and antics about new hosting companies are true. This company has no clue in customer server nor do they realize that when they say "we will respond by 24 hours" that customers expect a response in 24 hours. At first I thought it was odd that after I made a payment to them that I didn't recieve one word of information back about the payment to them. So I didn't think to much of it. (I paid them 19.95 on Oct. 16th at 5:38 pm) So I decided to send a quick email after about 19 hours has passed. Just to make sure they did get my payment. But no resonse. So I waited even longer like after the 24 hours like about a day and a half. After the 2nd email still no resonse, nor any info on my account. So I sent another email, but this time to the compuserve paypal email account. Still no response. Does this company think that recieving payment and not replying is going to get them more customers? Very piss poor customer service.

So now I have reversed the transaction through paypal and hopefully I will recieve some sort of payment back. It just goes to show that anyone can be a fool, especially on new hosting companies such as this. I'd wait another 5 months before I even think about looking at their site again. And samuraigecko, are you sure your're not friends with the owner of the company "Michael Young"? because you seemed to have really good luck in getting a response.

Anyone else having problems? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :( :(

An update to this is that about a day after we posted this, we recieved an email from this company. they explained to us that they didn't know if our current domain is really ours and couldn't do anything... blah blah blah..... which to us it could have been legitamate far as a problem, but still an email would have resolved any problems what so ever. we now are in a rock and a hard place, because my partner paid another company for hosting, but because they are close to their limit they told us that it would be 2 days before they could fullfill our order. Because myself and my partner do have personal businesses of our own, we decided to still go with serversun.com and see just how they will treat us after having cancelling the payment reversal request.

I will keep an update as to how Serversun compares to either hosting companies that we did have in the past. Keep in mind the biggest reason why we had to change hosting wasn't because of bad customer service, but because we out grew our previous hosts bandwidth packages. we could go to a dedicated server, but time and money is causing us to hold out till we absolutely have to.

thanx all for your emails and support.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmmm...

I still suggest http://interland.com

It's one of the world's largest and after almost 3 years, myself and clients have had negligible down time and their hosting plans are very affordable. They are VERY reliable. They have both Linux and Windows servers and shared or dedicated hosting, so you can pretty much get what you want.

The only problem I really had with them was when they added spam filters to email (which was a good thing), and even though they communicated clearly what was going on, it was a bit of a pain to go back and change several formmail scripts to accomodate the filters.
  • sanjose
  • Born
  • Born
  • sanjose

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for the suggestion. We will definately go with them next if this does not turn out for us, and furthermore we will pm you so that if we do signup, we can use you as a reference. Thanx again ATNO !!!!
  • sirgamesalot
  • sirgamesalot

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm interesting, i dont think the domain really had anything to do with them simply sending an e-mail to you etc.

Im about to open Server Burst Web Hosting, im going to be offering free trials so something like this does not happen.

Hey do you think that you could upload a few ISO's to that server? i want to see how much bandwidth you can push out of them before they e-mail you :)

Anyways im not flaming, as long as you happy thats all that matters!

Good luck with your new host !

Eddy.
  • Draztik

Post 3+ Months Ago

I signed up for serversun.com on nov 11, and paid through my paypal account. It is now Nov 30, and still no word from them about my account...even after multiple emails. My advice to anyone out there thinking about signing up for these scammers is....DONT DO IT. The prices are very tempting...and it was worth the risk of my $5 for me to give them a try. I agree with the previous statements that serversun is over selling their bandwith, but they are doing more than that and just outright ripping people off.

Currently i am with http://www.eresellerbiz.com and am very happy with their service. I would recommend them to anyone.
  • The Apostle of God
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: SDSU, SD, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
The server that you will be hosted on is as follows-

# AMD 2100 XP Athlon processer
# 1 Gigabyte RAM
# 99% uptime
# RedHat Linux 8.0
# Fewer people on each server so services are better
# Undamaged computer parts
# Up to date Control panel

Great to know the host is "undamaged." Seriously, with "specs" like that I will stay away from this company.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 25 posts