Not experience and maybe naive user, please heeellppp

• vipin
  • Born
  • Born
  • vipin

Post 3+ Months Ago

:cry:
Honestly, for me websites and all the bits included are a Phd in neurology and microbiotech in japanese, so please I ask help and patience.

I registered some domains a year ago, why they do not belong to me???
is that to do with copyright andthings like that..?? :?:

Plus, I do not have good memory, so yes I forgot to pay apparently a renewal, but if I registered the domains and at that point I made a payment for 2 years (and that was 2008) why I have to pay again just one year down the line??

The company I registered with basically took my domain and is using it! that is so unfair (I know the world is not fair but common, what about a bit of good practice..??)

So, of course the company I am hosting with cannot do anything ( I guess)
So, how can I get my domains back (apart from the fact that if I have unpaid bills of course I will settle them) but I am losing bussiness, so I basically want my domain back, can this company resell my own domain to me for a much higher price?

If I get my domains back, can I immediately transfer them to another registry? I knew I did not like this company since the beginning and I was sadly right..oh dear
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you didn't renew your domain ownership, others have a chance to take them. That can happen with any registrar.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes, they can resell it to you for any price they'd like. And if you were unfortunate enough to have Melbourne IT, consider yourself screwed.
  • vipin
  • Born
  • Born
  • vipin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you very much so no copyright law applies at all....wow that is pretty bad and yes you are right they will resell for around US$420!!! I cannot believe this happened OMG, I am honestly sad of my ignorance. I kind of work for a whole year to put the website and advertise, and increase traffic etc,etc in a very begginers way but it seems that worked, as the price is considerable for just a Spanish learning site. Well, I was with this company "just host" and I really did not like them at the start, but...well I will try to look for another good name and register another domain...and start aaall over again. I did registered other extensions but I really wanted my dot com...well learning steps... sad anyway...more sad is the fact that the renewal was due just last week! they should give some warning. I have got other domains with another registar and they send me reminders and an invoice...

Thanks
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

They are able to take the domain name. That doesn't mean they get your design. What is the domain name that you lost? Let's see who owns it now. Sometimes it goes to an auction. It happened to a friend of mine & he was able to get the site back for $50.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts