OneOnOneInternet.CoM SUCKS watch out

• camikazi2k
  • Born
  • Born
  • camikazi2k

Post 3+ Months Ago

watch out for oneononeinternet.com they suck big time, i been a customer with them for over three years now. with no problem until now my database exeeds 650mb. with out a notice they suspended my account. then i talked them through to get it back up but now they denying that they screwed up my database.
i dont know what they did. but database is messed up now, after they suspended it.
They have no idea about SQL or PHP support.
they give you no SSH access until you send your driver licence.
its ridiciulous.
just watch out.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• NW-Allwin
  • NW-Allwin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Many companies are vary about providing SSH access. Asking for your drivers license is simply additional guarantee to check the legitimacy of the client.

If they simply suspended your site, the passwords to the access might have changed, but I doubt they may have actually gone and messed up with your DB. Makes no sense there.
  • monster
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Vancouver, BC

Post 3+ Months Ago

On another forum the owner set this story straight
  • NW-Allwin
  • NW-Allwin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh boy.. that explains the 1 post wonder :D

Thanks for the update mate :)
  • rjstephens
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah who woudln't want to be wary about giving out SSH access. (well admittedly I have it on two of my three hosting accounts and didn't need to send my drivers license), but if you have SSH access to a server, you can do some pretty nasty things.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do a little hosting, and while SSH access is offered, it's not given without then providing a good reason for requiring SSH (and there are good reasons), and some form of ID.

This has been standard practice with most of the hosting companies I've used over the last 5 or 6 years.
  • charlieworks
  • Born
  • Born
  • charlieworks

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello, i just saw an add for the first time for the free offer of 1and1 free 3 year service yesterday in a mag. Im very upset that they didnt say that it ended dec 31. I was wondering since so many people are so upset with the service, and since the account was free, that if...
Maybe they wouldnt mind letting me have their account. Please email me, i would really like to have it. I would even pay you a little for it. I can send some paypal or send a check. I just would love to have it. Thanks
  • rynoe
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

I used several different providers in the last five years. I switched every few months until I landed with oneononeinternet. When there prices go down my charges go down when they add features to their package I get the new features. In the three years I have been with them my site has been down mabey all of 6 hours tops and never for more than an hour. They have redundant back-up and VERY fast support. They ARE my backup and I NEVER had a problem.

DUDE I think it's you not oneonone!
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I do a little hosting, and while SSH access is offered, it's not given without then providing a good reason for requiring SSH (and there are good reasons), and some form of ID.

Is doing a cPanel xfer a good enough reason?
Coz that's what I wanted to do from my previous host to new host...
  • Carl
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've been with OneOnOne Internet for almost 2 years so far. I have never had a problem with them. They have very fast, reliable service, lots of features, tons of bandwidth for the price, lots of server technologies, etc.

However, my site has been down for the past 24 hours or so. Has anyone else who uses 1on1 had the same problem? Any idea what might be up?

And wow...I just realized how old this thread is.... :shock: :D
  • rjstephens
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

and yet another topic that nobody cares about is back at the top of the list. Please observe the date and time of the previous pst before posting. This thread is over 3 months old, I doubt anyone cares anymore.
  • Carl
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

rjstephens wrote:
and yet another topic that nobody cares about is back at the top of the list. Please observe the date and time of the previous pst before posting. This thread is over 3 months old, I doubt anyone cares anymore.

And if you actually READ my post you'd know that I have a legitimate question regarding this web host.
  • Abelius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just wondering why rynoe has a loser tag instead of a Newbie tag...
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

It usually gets assigned to members who have been banned. The posts that were left prior to banning still remain - as in this instance.
  • OSGEN
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • OSGEN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Carl wrote:

And wow...I just realized how old this thread is.... :shock: :D

I've seen a host post rebuttal to an accusation that was almost three years old! Talk about old there.
  • ckandes1
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ckandes1
  • Loc: Daytona Beach, FL (US)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounds like they do overselling and they could not back up their offer. When you got to the point where you exceeded the real amount of bandwidth they could give you, they dropped your service. Alot me companies do this than you'd think. Actually, the majority of them do it. But like he said, it was 3 years before this happened. You really need to watch out for these companies

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts