Opinions on Propercomfy, IllusionFXnet or Godaddy

• Vidda
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Vidda

Post 3+ Months Ago

As of now my web site uses 2 MySQL databases, PHP, a mail server, GD 2.0, around 2 GB of bandwith and 100 MB of space. Of course, I need more than what it's using so that I can let it develope.

I am searching for a good host, so far the best ones I have found are Propercomfy, ]IllusionFXnet and Godaddy. Propercomfy is free and offers 200 MB or more, unmetered bandwith and it's free but not all sites are accepted. IllusionFXnet's smallest package is $25/year and gives 550 mb, 20 GB of bandwith. Godaddy is about the same thing as IllusionFXnet but twice as expensive, and with a very good reputation.

So I'm asking if anyone has tried one of those hosts before, or if you know of an even better host. I know there have been a lot of complains about illusionfxnet's free services (back when they offered them) but I want an opinion about their paid services.

(I can only do payments via paypal.)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Jaw
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Minneapolis, MN

Post 3+ Months Ago

While this topic could lead to a bunch of people spamming-on about which is better I'll just tell you know personally i use godaddy.

While they do have a ton of garbage that you have to uncheck while singing up I have not recieved any spam about other services offered. So they seem to stay out of my hair and just host the way I want.
  • SnailDev
  • Student
  • Student
  • SnailDev

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can you tell me how many domains they allow in their deluxe plan? I may purchase from them. They didn't tell anything about number of domains.. Also how is their control panel? And is there traffic status report with them. please post here or pm me if this website doesn't allow such comments.

Thanks
  • TomK
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

GoDaddy has a good reputation? In domains, yes. In webhosting, not that I'm aware of. It seems to me that GoDaddy's business plan is to draw people to their page with a great domain name service and then try to sell them their other services (which, in my opinion, speaks to the value of their other services compared to their domain name service).
  • mochahost
  • mochahost

Post 3+ Months Ago

You will definetly want to stay from unmetered and free hosting if you are going to be using your site for anything different than a project or personal site

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts