php and mysql

• dqualter
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

my friend is hosting and has installed php and works . installed mysql and it dont http://www.wrhosting.co.uk/myadmin is his mysql admin any ideas
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did you click the Documentation link to see?
http://www.wrhosting.co.uk/myadmin/Docu ... l#faqmysql

Quote:
[1.20] I receive the error "cannot load MySQL extension, please check PHP Configuration".

To connect to a MySQL server, PHP needs a set of MySQL functions called "MySQL extension". This extension may be part of the PHP distribution (compiled-in), otherwise it needs to be loaded dynamically. Its name is probably mysql.so or php_mysql.dll. phpMyAdmin tried to load the extension but failed.
  • dqualter
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

but where can i get it from
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Read this:

http://us4.php.net/mysql
  • dqualter
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

its php 5 and php_mysql.dll is enabled and libmysql.dll is in system32 but still dont work
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Then I'm going to have to let the php experts around here help you from there. Best of luck
  • rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://80.44.168.57/MyAdmin/index.php this is your PhpMyAdmin link however .php cant executed by the server that you have hosted.
Assuming PHP not installed properly : http://www.opendeveloper.org/PHP/HowTo/ ... _on_Linux/ if it is Linux ofcourse.

This may be because of MySQL engine errors too but not sure...

Is this server free-BSD? Linux*? NT? and what control panels? if it has.

If you really need support then reply
1- Which OS
2- Which Control Panel
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think it's on Win32, since he mentioned dll files and the system32 dir.
Last time I looked, I didn't have either of those on any of my *nix boxen. ;) Heh.
I'm afraid I have yet to even attempt to install mysql and php on a windows machine; my FreeBSD boxes work much too well for me to consdier that an option. ;)

The last time I had to do any DB'ing with Wind'ers, I was using Oracle 8, and ended up scraping it in favor of a E450 from Sun.

Sorry... can't help.

Cheers, and good luck!
  • daemonx
  • Born
  • Born
  • daemonx

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi dqualter,

Which version of MySQL are you using. Ill tell you how i managed to get mine workin with the following config.

MySQL 4.1.0 (5.0.1 also works :) )
phpMyAdmin 2.6.0-pl1
PHP 5.0
Win Xp SP2
Sambar Server 6.1

The best way to connect to MySQL db's for v 4.0 and higher is to use the MySQLI extension which comes with PHP5 (php_mysqli.dll & libmysqli.dll). Modify PHP.INI in a way so as to load the extension. In my ini file there was no line,so i'd manually add the line. Then make the modified PHP.INI file is the one php reads. This can be done by doin phpinfo and seeing what the value for "Configuration File (php.ini) Path " is. If its not the correct one,here are some ways u can set it. Take System Properties > Advanced > Environment variables
In the path variable add the directory in which your Php.ini file is residing. Add a new system variable called PHPRC and set to the php dir ( In my case both the path and phprc were the same dir coz id put the ini file in my install dir and not in c:\windows). Copy the libmysqli.dll to your system32 dir.Restart your machine. Verify the Config File Path in phpinfo and scroll down to see whether mysqli has been loaded. If it has, there should be an entry.

Next,(this is something which i never managed to find in any documentation). In the Config.Inc.Php of phpMyAdmin there is an entry called $cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] which is by default set to mysql,change it to mysqli and try accessing now. That should do the trick.
Any problems..let me know

Regards
Daemon X :twisted:
  • callama
  • Born
  • Born
  • callama

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi daemonx
I am a real newbe at this.
I have been trying to set up
MySql 4.1.5
Apache 2.0.52
phpMyAdmin 5.02
Win XPpro SP2

Both Apache and MySql are running. I run "http://localhost/myadmin" and I get the following message "cannot load MySQL extension,
please check PHP Configuration."

I have run phpinfo and it informs me "Configuration File (php.ini) Path C:\WINNT " But I can't see it there, I can find it at "C:\php".
Now comes the newbe bit, I don't know where to put in the php.ine file where to load the extentions.
You also mention a way of resetting this to "c:\php" but where do I find
System Properties > Advanced > Environment variables. Are they part of windows or the php.ini script?

I have spent hours on this and just feel I am going around a big loop.

Thanks
  • eeagles2
  • eeagles2
  • Loc: Felixstowe, Suffolk, UK.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there,
I used apache2triad to install Apache2/PHP/Mysql on Windows XP - download from opensource website. It works well and phpMyAdmin worked no problem. I only wish I could get one for Linux - I'm getting the very same error as you and I've checked php.ini, httpd.conf - using a default install that came with Mandrake 10. Not really a newbie, just don't do this stuff often enough on Linux. Any help would be great. I'm thinking of removing the default install and just doing it all again bit by bit. Although, I did that on Windows and it wouldn't work - luckily I then found Apache2triad. Any help would be great.
Ta.
  • callama
  • Born
  • Born
  • callama

Post 3+ Months Ago

HI a update to my previous post.

I found out how to set up the path in XP and added the system variable called PHPRC and set to the php dir . See posting above. This then gave me the following error.
"php Startup unable to load dynamic libary php_mysql.dll"

The cure for me turn out to be, copy the files “libmysql.dll” and “libmysqli.dll” from C:\php into C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\bin.

My test script now works and I see the MySql enteries in phpinfo(). I can open myadmin but it will not let me login.
But that will be a new posting.

Regards

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts