PHP 5

• Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi

well, hosts will be updating to it soon.
My host has started on there fleet of servers. Im on the last server, server 12, but other servers have been upgraded
Suzie from here is with the same host as me, her server has been upgraded and the invision install she has went all wrong.

anyone else having problems?

I really dont want to move hosts, but if they do upgrade my server then im moving.

alot of scripts are going wrong.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• TomK
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

A lot of scripts go wrong since PHP 5 is slightly different than PHP 4 and scripts need to be modified to work with PHP 5. Some scripts have been modified, but they are still finding bugs in PHP 5. Hence the bugs people are experiencing.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
bugs in PHP 5. Hence the bugs people are experiencing.

And don't we know it...lmaooooooooo anyway I got the 'fix' and everything is working ok for us now.
But its interesting when I asked around different hosts that they would'nt be upgrading till the problems were ironed out, they said' too many errors'.
It was such a simple fix too this is what was so annoying, simply dl the userscp which will be edited to this:
var $output = "";
var $page_title = "";
var $nav = array();
var $html = "";
var $parser;
And profiles.php to the same there was this in front of var $parser; ----> // <--- all that needed removing was that! I cannot believe two key presses would cause so much trouble..lmaooooo
For anyone just upgrading to php 5 that is the fix for your Invision boards just dl both files - edit send back again.
:)
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

We will not be upgrading just yet for that same reason.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Aaaah..another one not 'going there' thanks musik - you can't all be wrong!
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's not to say it *won't* ever be good - just sometimes its better to wait a bit till it gets a good workover by those who *really really* know where to find the bugs :D
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol What...? fools like us.. by us I mean the people who I had to suffer this trauma last week!
Although it was only // it took 7 long days to get the files working again, we were told NO there is no workaround you must move with the times and buy the 2.01 Invision board software as IB will not support 1.2 1.3 anymore.
But the annoying thing musik yes there was a workaround, thank the lord for Invision Resource Centre who helped me keep my sanity.

http://www.invisionresourcecentre.com/forumsindex.php thats where I started my 'cry for help' and they answered after finding the 'fix'. I can never thanks those people enough for what they did for me musik.
Looking back at those posts I can laugh out loud but at the time I was almost in tears. I never ever have dl files from my board much less edited any...lmaoooooooooo but hey musik I did it lol
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good for you! Yep it can be tough if you don't know your way around new things - fortunetly there are people out there who will offer a hand!!

I am so glad you got everything working again!
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

In a world where there can be so many 'bad' people the good guys more than make up for those on the net.
I'm always amazed by the goodness of people I meet..shed some tears when things have gone wrong - not just for me but for others and their problems they must face. but I also have had lots of laughs along the way too.
I started out wanting to learn Swish lol in fact I found ozzu after a search engine brought me here when imputting 'swish' lol and helped 'shadow knight'. and I still need to learn it. I have so much fun, spend time helping so many people I just hav'nt time to learn anything for myself lol and you know musik, it does'nt seem to matter any more what I learn - or don't learn. I enjoy what I do thats the main thing!
Have a great night its almost my bed-time, tomorrow i'll search some more - god willing.
cya musik.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

In a world where there can be so many 'bad' people the good guys more than make up for those on the net.
I'm always amazed by the goodness of people I meet..shed some tears when things have gone wrong - not just for me but for others and their problems they must face. but I also have had lots of laughs along the way too.
I started out wanting to learn Swish lol in fact I found ozzu after a search engine brought me here when imputting 'swish' lol and helped 'shadow knight'. and I still need to learn it. I have so much fun, spend time helping so many people I just hav'nt time to learn anything for myself lol and you know musik, it does'nt seem to matter any more what I learn - or don't learn. I enjoy what I do thats the main thing!
Have a great night its almost my bed-time, tomorrow i'll search some more - god willing.
cya musik.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts