please comment about this hosting

• SnailDev
  • Student
  • Student
  • SnailDev

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wanted to find a better hosting than the one i have now. I am with Brinkster. My requirement is as below

more than 3 domains
1000 mb space
50 gb bandwidth
more than 3 mysql databases
+ ms access database
ASP, ASP.NET & PHP
A good control panel like cpanel
Upload component etc

After a lot of search here and in google , at last I found Godaddy to my specifications. I think they are the cheepest too. I am going to select their 10$ /mo plan.

They didn't tell anything about how many domains I can have. They don't have live chat to support. They don't provide traffic analyzer, dedicated ip address , SSL etc with this package. Also I don't know about their control panel.

Anyone has experience with them? They look like a big , reliable co. please comment on this. I have to switch my host within weeks since I am going to finish my one year plan with my current hositng.

Also I want to know if i need a dedicated IP address for my site. My site will be membership based and would require the clients to pay for memberships in near future.

Thanks in advance
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• eWebtricity
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Tampa, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

GoDaddy.com is decent, you get what you pay for in the hosting world. I wouldn't expect much for $10/mo.

If your going to accept credit cards over the Internet. It's possible to run a shared IP with an SSL certificate or use a shared SSL certificate. In most cases you need a dedicated IP for a dedicated SSL certificate..
  • TomK
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Also, a dedicated SSL certificate is really expensive usually.
  • SnailDev
  • Student
  • Student
  • SnailDev

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for comments. So I can accept payment with shared IP too yea?

After some more search here in this forum I find people say that Go daddy is good in Domain names and not in hosting.

The support part is really bad with them since they don't have live chat. I am not in US and also they don't have toll free tel. I have sent an email to them asking about my doubts. Let me see how fast they respond...

Anyone here know any other better hosting co.
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

Godaddy has horrible reviews as a webhost. I believe they only allow one domain per virtual account as well.
  • eWebtricity
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Tampa, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like I said, you get what you pay for in the hosting world.
  • harryhood
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • harryhood

Post 3+ Months Ago

SnailDev wrote:
So I can accept payment with shared IP too yea?

If the host you choose offers a shared ssl, then yes you can.
  • SnailDev
  • Student
  • Student
  • SnailDev

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks

Godaddy took 2 days to respond. I don't want to host with them. Brinkster is so much better with their support. Anytime they are available at live chat. What they lack is a good control panel with webstatics etc.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Take a look at http://www.bluehost.com/

My step dad has a site hosted there and so far so good.
  • thomase
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • thomase

Post 3+ Months Ago

eWebtricity wrote:
GoDaddy.com is decent, you get what you pay for in the hosting world. I wouldn't expect much for $10/mo.

I hear GoDaddy suck at hosting and should just stick to domains.
  • SnailDev
  • Student
  • Student
  • SnailDev

Post 3+ Months Ago

Blue host may be a good one, I checked the site. It looks too good offer for 7$ . But my requirement is asp and php and they offer php only. There are too many hosts providing php with cheep rates.

What I learned so far is , Windows hosting is always costly. What to do I have learnt only asp and I don't want to migrate to another.

Anyhow I signed up with brinkster. They have now Webhosting for life offer, you pay 30months money now (300$) and never pay again for hosting, but domain you have to after first year.

thanks for everyone

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts