Plesk & DNS/NS!

• kyro_02
  • Born
  • Born
  • kyro_02

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, i've been surfing the net looking for a STEP by STEP instructions on why I cannot view my website(s) with an IP address (as for temporary, soon I will want to get a domain, infact i'm getting two transfered over at the moment, but will buy the 3rd one soon, anyway.)

I am absolutly a newbie, probably the newbiest of newbies around, and although I know my linux and setting up servers and so on, I just cannot navigate plesk properly (maybe it's not plesk? maybe the IPS are propoganded properly? I don't no) but I am a bit stressed.

I need to know why my domain registrant when he tried to transfer my 2 domains from my old host to my new host.

example:
I give him the ns1.myurl.com
I give him the ns2.myurl.com(although he only needs to use one??)

He told me that he cannot see ns1 or ns2.myurl.com **myurl is replaced with my real url so ya ain't steel'n it :P** - *and "xxx.x.xxx.xxx" replaced with my IP*

Anyway, this is the DNS/NS layout in one account:

Host Record type Value
xxx.x.xxx.xxx / 24 PTR myurl.com.
myurl.com. A xxx.x.xxx.xxx
myurl.com. MX (10) mail.myurl.com.
myurl.com. NS ns1.myurl.com.
ftp.myurl.com. CNAME myurl.com.
mail.myurl.com. A xxx.x.xxx.xxx
webmail.myurl.com. A xxx.x.xxx.xxx
http://www.myurl.com. CNAME myurl.com.

----

How do I get it all to function so i'm able to add .com domain to it, i'm absolutly lost - doesn't that look right to you? does to me. - i've got a VPS, i set myself up a reseller acount and i've got 3 personal accounts on it. I want to be able to register domain and simply add it! - do I need to give each account their own IP or something?

hope you can help me,

Thanks

- Nathan.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 1 post