Positronic Design Is Holding My Websites Hostage HELP!

• Durangoguy
  • Born
  • Born
  • Durangoguy

Post 3+ Months Ago

A company called Positronic Design known as http://www.positronicdesign.com is holding all of my websites hostage on their web server in Holyoke MA and they refuse to allow me to move my websites into another server. I hired them to redo an update to one of my websites over 7 months ago. They said it would be around $2.500.00. Then they kept hitting my credit card up to $5,500.00. It's been over 7 months and the simple website is still not completed. I told them that I wanted my money back and FTP access to move all of my websites and files to another company's server. Dave Caputo the owner then sent me a letter demanding another $3,200.00 bringing up the total to an insane $8,500.00 When I said no way he turned all of my websites off for over 3 hours and put up a web page saying that I don't pay my bills! My Server fees have always been paid up to date and has nothing to do with the problem of the over priced far from finished website that will never be completed.

Dave Caputo the owner is also holding my unrelated websites hostage on his web server and he will not allow me to move them! I have hired a law firm to get an injunction to force him to open up FTP access to my website data and back ups. Is there a federal law that can force him to give me back my web site data? Or have him arrested for extortion? I have heard that this guy has caused problems to other customers as well! Help Please!
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Legal issues aside, why don't you have a copy of your website's contents backed up on your own machine somewhere?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Holy *plum*! Are they for real? I have no solution for you but I just wanted to comment on the insanity of that company.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts