Problem transferring domain

• pschloss
  • Born
  • Born
  • pschloss

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've been trying to transfer my domain to the free host awardspace from the host I bought it from, dot5hosting. I unlocked the domain and put in the new name servers, waited three days, and nothing.

When I look up the whois it shows the nameservers as the awardspace ones, but when I put in the address in the browser I get site not found. The files are loaded on awardspace, and the preview works, but no site.

Suggestions?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• rllunzmann
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • rllunzmann
  • Loc: Wisconsin

Post 3+ Months Ago

How long have you waited since the change? It can take up to 72hrs sometimes. Otherwise if you are still facing issues it could be an issue how your are changing the name servers or you could just message dot5 and request them to make the change.

Best Regards!
  • harrysmith
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • harrysmith
  • Loc: Leeds

Post 3+ Months Ago

IMO there must be something wrong at your new host, try to check your A records at your new hosting end.
  • pschloss
  • Born
  • Born
  • pschloss

Post 3+ Months Ago

What are A records?
  • pschloss
  • Born
  • Born
  • pschloss

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's been nearly a week since I updated the name servers. When I view my account through awardspace in the status column it has a yellow triangle with an exclamation point, but it doesn't explain what this means. Awardspace's FAQ mentions only updating the namer servers, which has been done.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

clear your local browser cache. Also go to start>run, type CMD an type ipconfig /flushdns That should clear your local DNS cache. Either you or your ISP have an old cache of the DNS resolution. You might also try re-booting if you haven't since then

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts