Question for Web Hosting Companies

• ilyab
  • Born
  • Born
  • ilyab
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I'm posing this question to web hosters who rent dedicated servers to host their shared clients. Is it a concern to you whether the company from which you rent the dedicated server also does shared hosting? Are you less likely to get a dedicated server from such a company? If yes, why? Is it because you are protecting yourself from that company possibly stealing your shared hosting clients for themselves? Could it be because you would not want to support your competitor? Any other reasons?

Thank you for your insight.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• benoitb
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Washington, DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Speaking personally, not all companies rent servers from large dedicated server companies. However if I did, I would be sure they did not have any conflicts of interest, unless they offered superior service, network uptime reliabilty and service in general.

There is no one size fit all answer for your question, however it depends on your niche. I would not recommend buying from a smaller provider offering similar services to yours I would recommend a mid-sized or larger company as the solution to your problem unless you are seeking a level of service that companies of those size cannot offer.
  • SuperHostUsa.net
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wouldn't worry about renting a server from a company that itself sells hosting plans to end users. The only thing you have to worry about is having added value to your hosting products and not to go down on the price to compete with them.
  • ilyab
  • Born
  • Born
  • ilyab
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you two for your opinions. It is very helpful.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts