question

• European
  • Born
  • Born
  • European

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,I am starting my own web development business and I will also hosting my clients web sites and provide them email space. .Does anyone knows what is the best server for that? not looking for a specific one as I don't know if is legal in this forum to tell me a specific one.Just please some advices so I will be able to also host the sites I will creating for my customers and provide them with email. What other equipment I need besides a server?
Thank you.
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Uhm.

Pardon me for saying, and I am not trying to be rude ... but if you have no idea how you should even begin (RE: hardware, software, etc et al) why on earth would you even attempt it?

If you are adept with web creation (flash, xml, php, etc.) fine, stick to that. Outsource your hosting to a reputable organization.

Just an opinion, but I think you are getting in over your head.
  • rllunzmann
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • rllunzmann
  • Loc: Wisconsin

Post 3+ Months Ago

are you operating your own server?

are you renting a server and having it managed with a provider? In other words, will you be reselling?
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd like to echo exactly what daemonguy said.

Daemonguy wrote:
Uhm.

Pardon me for saying, and I am not trying to be rude ... but if you have no idea how you should even begin (RE: hardware, software, etc et al) why on earth would you even attempt it?

If you are adept with web creation (flash, xml, php, etc.) fine, stick to that. Outsource your hosting to a reputable organization.

Just an opinion, but I think you are getting in over your head.
  • john551
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • john551

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I would suggest you to go with a reseller account and start your web hosting business. It will help you not bother about the server management and software upgrades. You will just need to focus on marketing your services.

Once you start building your clients base, you can upgrade to a dedicated server. (Meantime you can also build infrastructure for supporting your clients and also server mangement skills).
  • charlesgan
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

ya, agree with john551, that reseller account will be sufficient. look at hostgator reseller plan (from $25) or lunarpages reseller ($35)...
which allow you to create user account, each with cpanel. and allocate space to them. You can manage them all together.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts