recommded hosting company (especially RoR)

• Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

I recently bought a new hosting solution and am THAT impressed i thought i would post on this forum - they deserve the publicity. Anyway http://slicehost.com - a cloud solution perfect for php/python/RoR.

I'm an ubuntu user but i'm no Linux administrator, but they have the best set of easy to follow tutorials I have ever seen. I have successfully and relatively painlessly setup a new server configured a firewall installed SVN and created my very own mail server on the same slice. I have never created a mail server before, i'm batting above my average but the tutorials walked me through it.

Total cost - $25 per month including backups for a 256mg slice, big enough for my little projects.

Cheers, Prime... :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• N2S
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

pretty good.
thanks
  • boilingpoint
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, I shall look learn it after a while.
  • Pof
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Pof

Post 3+ Months Ago

Taking the advantage of the opportunity, I can also share one reliable and flexible company I know - A2hosting.com, which specializes on Ruby on Rails hosting. The easy-to-use HyperVM control panel lets you choose from a variety OS templates for popular Linux distributions including Debian, CentOS, Fedora, Gentoo, Slackware, and Ubuntu.
  • Tonzilit
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Think of hqhost.net services, I have seen some nice offers from them and their services can be helpful for you too.
  • tan_go
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Go to Glowhost.com, I have seen that they provide ROR hosting on lovely conditions at affordable prices.
Ruby on Rails is fast becoming one of the most popular open-source scripting frameworks available today. It installs easily on Windows and Linux machines and can help in rapid application deployment.
  • ibragimm
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Prime wrote:
I recently bought a new hosting solution and am THAT impressed i thought i would post on this forum - they deserve the publicity. Anyway http://slicehost.com - a cloud solution perfect for php/python/RoR.

I'm an ubuntu user but i'm no Linux administrator, but they have the best set of easy to follow tutorials I have ever seen. I have successfully and relatively painlessly setup a new server configured a firewall installed SVN and created my very own mail server on the same slice. I have never created a mail server before, i'm batting above my average but the tutorials walked me through it.

Total cost - $25 per month including backups for a 256mg slice, big enough for my little projects.

Cheers, Prime... :D

Thanks for sharing nice offer with us.
  • Robin007
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

To my mind, you can also look at the other companies offers to make the productive decision of what company to choose. I can recommend you to compare 2ip.com, webhostgiant.com and hostdone.com and choose suitable for you.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts