Reseller account transfer

• 3DProf4online
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • 3DProf4online

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know how to make backups and to transfer each client account separately, but I am just wondering if it is possible to transfer all customer accounts in WHM at once. You see, if for example I have more than 200 customers (hosting accounts) and wish to switch to another hosting company it will be difficult for me to transfer each account separately, that’s why I am asking this question. Has anyone had reseller account transfer experience? Thanks in advance!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• franticuser
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • franticuser

Post 3+ Months Ago

Think this process can be done via cPanel, guess you have root access?
  • 3DProf4online
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • 3DProf4online

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know how to transfer a website content files using Cpanel, but acting in such a way I will need to transfer all my account separately. I am just wondering if it is possible to transfer all accounts at once?
  • Tonzilit
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

3DProf4online wrote:
I know how to transfer a website content files using Cpanel, but acting in such a way I will need to transfer all my account separately. I am just wondering if it is possible to transfer all accounts at once?

I don't think that's possible, you'd be better to use a VPS for that.
  • interactiveonline
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Tampa, FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

it's definitely possible using the BACKUP > CPMOVE feature within WHM.

I just moved a customer's sites that was using cpanel on their old host. I did a backup from within cpanel on the old host and then used WHM on our server to import and create the site.

It'd take much longer to do this for 200 sites but is definitely possible if you are moving to and from a cpanel host.
  • 3DProf4online
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • 3DProf4online

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, thanks interactiveonline, we will try to use this method in our Cpanel, if it doesn't work we will ask a gaining hosting company to move our accounts!
  • interactiveonline
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Tampa, FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok please keep us in mind. We offer CPanel Reseller Hosting at http://interactiveonline.com/solutions/reseller-hosting and will move your accounts for free.
  • Robin007
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is really not an easy thing to find reliable and honest company which will provide you with good reselling opportunities. I can recommend you to check out ahosting.biz as my personal experience proves that they can help you to move all content (files, scripts, mysql) from another host without downtime.
  • tan_go
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Reseller hosting provider usually make their customers database transfer himself. Say apthost.com does it for their customers as well as any other reliable company.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts