Reseller or Server

• Jako
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Jako

Post 3+ Months Ago

I recently bought a reseller account w/ these specs. 5 gigs of space, 100 gigs of band, and only allowed to host 10 sites on it. Total price per month is 50 dollars. Would it be smatter to just try and buy my own server and if so why and where...

I no one server site http://www.ev1servers.net are they any good, should I look elsewhere.

And one other question is what type of server I should look into. I host websites for my clients etc... I would like to have cpanel and the main stuff, and probably wouldn’t like to spend more then 75-100/mo
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• datadirect
  • Born
  • Born
  • datadirect

Post 3+ Months Ago

:D Bulk Emailing, Bullet Proof Hosting

We have the ability and freedom to give the kind of service our clients require. We offer a wide range of services, If you have special request bulk emailing and and hosting please let us know. We will work with you.

For more info

Email: wecan_helpyou@yahoo.com
  • rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is impossible buy a server from Ev1 with 100$ or below budget.
At least you have to budget 150$/Mo.
Also do not move your reseller account before you learned how to manage a dedicated server.
Instead Ev1 , you may also try ServerMatrix.com for the begininning.
  • harryhood
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • harryhood

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you are looking for a really low priced server you could try managed [.] com. They have celeron servers starting at $70/mo.

Of course you get what you pay for.
  • Jako
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Jako

Post 3+ Months Ago

dolay wrote:
It is impossible buy a server from Ev1 with 100$ or below budget.
At least you have to budget 150$/Mo.
Also do not move your reseller account before you learned how to manage a dedicated server.
Instead Ev1 , you may also try ServerMatrix.com for the begininning.

how good are these servermatrix guys? good site you'd reccomend?
  • harryhood
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • harryhood

Post 3+ Months Ago

Servermatrix is in very good data center (ThePlanet), but I would only recommend getting a dedicated server there if you are or if you have a good techical admin to run your server. There admin server support is pretty expensive.
  • Jako
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Jako

Post 3+ Months Ago

basically here is my question...if i have no experience running my own server should i just look for a reseller w/ more space and band...but i figure down the road i will need to get one of these servers anyway, so why not learn sooner lol...
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes get a larger reseller/semi dedicated plan and let someone else admin the server while you pick their brain. When you're ready for a dedicated server start out with a fully managed one and as you become proficient switch to an unmanged server.

BTW we offer large uncensored (5GB-15GB) *nix reseller plans priced from $69.99-149.99. Plans include the latest WHM/Cpanel release and 100-500GB Premium Bandwidth. All prices are quoted in USD and we offer a 100% UPTIME, 30 DAY MONEY BACK & PRICE GUARANTEE. For plan details please visit our site or write sales@uncensored-hosting.com. Thank you for your time and attention.

Be sure to ask about our Ozzu discount

Jako wrote:
basically here is my question...if i have no experience running my own server should i just look for a reseller w/ more space and band...but i figure down the road i will need to get one of these servers anyway, so why not learn sooner lol...
  • AHaz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

this is gonna turn into spam
  • HostingZoom
  • Born
  • Born
  • HostingZoom

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should definitely get a reseller hosting account unless you want to hire someone to manage your server. Then you are gonna need to also hire someone to do support for you since you don't know how to do it yourself.

With a reseller account, you can ask your reseller host the questions your clients are asking you. They also manage your server so you don't need to hire anyone. Reseller is the way to go if you are just starting out.
  • ckandes1
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ckandes1
  • Loc: Daytona Beach, FL (US)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, what you have is pretty much half of a ded. server, and for some bit more, you could go dedicated. And of course dedictated servers are better, but as said before you got to know how to use it.

I can sell you a dedicated server. We don't have any premade plans; but i can give you around 10GB space and 200GB Bandwidth, for around $80 a month tops, maybe less. It'll probly be something near a Duel Xeon 2.4-2.6 GHz with 1 GB ECC RAM, ) OC-83 connection on Internap bandwidth.

And if you don't want to buy from me I can point you to some other good companies :)
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

spam it is :-)
  • darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Riverdale, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

With this description of only 10GB of space, I'm going to assume that this is a virtual server, not a real one in which case I would also have to say that what you're saying is very missleading. Unless I'm mistaken, someone would have to be flat out brain dead to put a 10GB HD into a dual 2.6 xeon with 1 GB of ram. so please, if I'm correct please don't post stuff like this, not everyone knows about these things and praying off of that does not help. If I am mistaken and it is a full server, put a bigger friggin drive in it.

ckandes1 wrote:
Well, what you have is pretty much half of a ded. server, and for some bit more, you could go dedicated. And of course dedictated servers are better, but as said before you got to know how to use it.

I can sell you a dedicated server. We don't have any premade plans; but i can give you around 10GB space and 200GB Bandwidth, for around $80 a month tops, maybe less. It'll probly be something near a Duel Xeon 2.4-2.6 GHz with 1 GB ECC RAM, ) OC-83 connection on Internap bandwidth.

And if you don't want to buy from me I can point you to some other good companies :)
  • top5hosting.com
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • top5hosting.com
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you can do much better for 50 dollars. It might not get you a server, but you can certainly get a virtual server account where you can host ten times that number of domains for less than you are paying now.

A server is fine if you have the technical knowledge, but if you don`t have that kind of knowledge and you need someone to "hold your hand" a virtual server is the way to go.
  • datums
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • datums

Post 3+ Months Ago

Helllo Jacko

I would suggest getting a nice reseller account, something very reliable.
Build your client base, once you have a decent revenue stream, then look for possibly a managed dedicated server. This cost more, but will allow you to grow your business and keep cost in the future down.
Once you have your own server, you might want to starte offering reseller accounts yourself. The issue with getting a server under $100 is that the management of the server falls into your hands. You will have to worry about uptime/upgrades/security checks,etc. Instead you can concentrate on bringing in new clients

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts