Reseller of the resellers.

• suvra2k@m6.net

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lots of hosting company are doing this at this moment. But I think it is not a goo idea to be a reseller of the reseller account. Just think like this. Your reseller customer A have x number of customers. Some of customers started to have problem with their web site,. What they will do the will mail to you r customer A then he will mail it to you and you will mail it to you provider. Then your provider will try to figure out what actually happening. It might take some time. And after that your provider will mail you back and then you will mail your customer A and he will mail his customers.

I think you can see the picture now. Most important thing in web hosting business is support if you support is not up to the mark lose you business and for that we will rewarded bad name

My advice is:: You can so hosting business with reseller account but try not be reseller of that account. ::
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting
  • Loc: Wishing I was in Kicking Horse

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Suvee,

Ive got to agree with you. The thought of maintaining such a server/cluster is scary - to say the least. It adds another level of complexity to every level of maintaining a healthy environment. Possible issues which become even more difficult to manage - bad cgi's, spam, abuse, support, etc..

Reseller hosting should only be done by those with the expertise to manage an environment and properly assess risks. PSOFT (the developer of our control panel - H-Sphere) has announced that they will be adding this functionality into future releases (much to my dismay). I honestly believe that resellers selling reseller accounts will lead to even more hosting company horror stories..

Hopefully Im wrong...
  • ckandes1
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ckandes1
  • Loc: Daytona Beach, FL (US)

Post 3+ Months Ago

-agreed-

that's why my company upgraded majorly (still not finished on conversion)
  • handi
  • Born
  • Born
  • handi

Post 3+ Months Ago

suvra2k@m6.net wrote:
Lots of hosting company are doing this at this moment. But I think it is not a goo idea to be a reseller of the reseller account. Just think like this. Your reseller customer A have x number of customers. Some of customers started to have problem with their web site,. What they will do the will mail to you r customer A then he will mail it to you and you will mail it to you provider. Then your provider will try to figure out what actually happening. It might take some time. And after that your provider will mail you back and then you will mail your customer A and he will mail his customers.

I think you can see the picture now. Most important thing in web hosting business is support if you support is not up to the mark lose you business and for that we will rewarded bad name

My advice is:: You can so hosting business with reseller account but try not be reseller of that account. ::

I need Reseller package. My budget is $35/year. Anybody knows?
  • meisam
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Richmond, BC

Post 3+ Months Ago

thats why there is something called support system, resellers should use that and send the support message directly to the support dept.

and about the $35/yr budget, i personally dont think you can get a reseller plan for that with WHM, but if you want it without whm, then go to resellerspanel.com its free and you get some % of the profits
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with CartikaHosting, it depends on the company you go with and how much knowledge you have on servers and maintaining your own. Because things do and will go wrong and a lot of server providers will not hold your hand the whole time.

Cheers,
Rose
  • Moni-Q
  • Moni-Q

Post 3+ Months Ago

handi wrote:
suvra2k@m6.net wrote:

I strongly doubt you'll be able to get anything reliable for $35 per year. Thats less than $3 per month.
  • jnacool
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

handi wrote:

I am sorry to say your looking more at paying $35+ a month for the reseller package to be:

1. Worth having speed wise
2. Be able to hold more than 2 or 3 customers

However good luck with your search
  • eyell
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Agreed! Always stick to the 'wholesaler'

For example, check out the Virtual Private Servers here:

http://lesshost.com/virtual_private_servers.php

Many resellers use them to resell reseller hosting (odd)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts