Self Hosting...

• Corey
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Corey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have been trying for like forever to get this dam router to pass the message on to my computer. If I try on the local network I can get the page but if I try it on a computer outside the network it doesn't go though. I am using a Linksys WRT54G Router. The link to the page is ezra-bynx.no-ip.info. If anyone has a clue why it will not load outside of the network, please let me know how to configure the router.

Thanks a ton,
Corey
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• monster_en_co
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Corey wrote:
If anyone has a clue why it will not load outside of the network, please let me know how to configure the router.

1. on the machine u want to get access to the outside world go to start > run type cmd (on windows 2k and xp) or command (on windows 98, 95, Me), Press enter and type ipconfig /all - screenshot here

2. Open up your routers config page and look for settings for port forwarding or virtual servers and add port 80 to the above ip address on your router settings- screenshot here

get back and i might be able to help remotly for you.
  • Corey
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Corey

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have set all of this up correctly, and it still refuses to work. I have DMZ Host enabled, and pointing to this computer. I have no clue why it isn't working...

Thanks, again
  • monster_en_co
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol u cant have set it up correctly otherwise it would be working. tell u what .. 2 seconds

Is this your ip ? 70.105.238.216 ..... if so then that means the web pointing is working then there is definatly a problem with your external to internal network. i suggest you relook up everything. come out of your dmz zone and set it up as a firewall router the way it should be and then start it again.
  • Corey
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Corey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lets try that, i just disabled dmz and am using a port forwarding now. Are you able to connect now?
  • monster_en_co
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

nope nothing. btw can i just ask what os system you got thats running the web pages ? if u have msn i would be able to help you alot easier. maybe its the settings inside the network not the acctual router..

EDIT : just scanned that ip and there is no open port for port 80. can you do me a favor and make sure that is the ip address of your wan please
  • Corey
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Corey

Post 3+ Months Ago

My ip is 70.105.238.216 and my msn is corey04087@msn.com, i can't stay much longer though. The os is XP with apache 3.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts