SEO and Changing the host

• MarPlo
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • MarPlo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
Does changing the host too frequently affect the ranking of the web site in search engines.
For example, if i change the hosting company 3 times in 2 months, does it affect the Page Rank? Because it is changing the server location, and also, each time the website cannot be accessed a few hours.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

chances are there may be a slight drop depending on downtime but this really depends on what web site your running. If your getting lots of traffic i don't see too much of a loss really, really long term if you stay still.
  • FunnyLA
  • Born
  • Born
  • FunnyLA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Changing host will not affect site's Page Rank, it is only relate to how many backlinks your site gets. However, changing host too frequently is not good to seo, mostly for crawl problem.
  • leonpot
  • leonpot

Post 3+ Months Ago

FunnyLA wrote:
However, changing host too frequently is not good to seo, mostly for crawl problem.

Only if the website goes offline all the time it will affect you. The incoming links will be the same, the only thing what would change is your ip-range (A,B, C addresses etc..). But still i won't recommend to change your website a lot :) If it's up and running 24/7 and it fast :) just stay, if you got problems change :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts