Server Priority

• beckylou
  • beckylou

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

I am looking at moving my web hosting over to 1 & 1 and have been looking at the different packages they offer and the features of these packages. One of the features I am a bit confused about is 'Priority server space' I have no idea what this is or the advantages that having this would be.

I have contacted the 1 & 1 support team about five times now but they just seem to keep emailing me answers in riddles!

If anyone could explain what this means and if it is worth having or not, I would be very thankful!

Many thanks
beckylou
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• rllunzmann
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • rllunzmann
  • Loc: Wisconsin

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you are receiving riddles with their support and non-responsive answers, why would you proceed with them as a choice? =]
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

rllunzmann has a good point.

What are some of the responses they're giving you, if nothing else maybe we can make somthing of their cryptic responses.
  • beckylou
  • beckylou

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

Thanks for the replies, yes you do actually have a point but i think it is just the tech guy that i have been dealing with. Thought it might be worth running it by the forum to see if you guys had any thoughts about it.

Basically there are two relevant hosting packages i could take, there is one package which doesn't include this server priority feature and one that does but the one that does is twice the price. This server feature seems to be the only major difference between the two packages so just wasn't sure how important it is?

The best answer the tech guys sent me was this "Alright, you are referring to the "Server Priority" wherein it is only supported in a Developer Hosting package. It does mean that it will gonna get better speed longer because the developer package is on the server priority."

I think he is trying to say that it gives you a better overall service, possibly!

Just not sure if it is that important or worth twice as much money as the other one...what do you think?

Many thanks
beckylou
  • rllunzmann
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • rllunzmann
  • Loc: Wisconsin

Post 3+ Months Ago

its quite possible that the HD may have priority over certain things, but this of course will need to be asked and answered by 1&1's support. Only they will know this as it sounds like a "new service" with their "own name for it".

Best of luck and hope you find your answers,
  • hanber
  • Born
  • Born
  • hanber

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am afraid noone can answer your quetion but 1 and 1 themselves
  • harrysmith
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • harrysmith
  • Loc: Leeds

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey beckylou,
If you can't get proper answer from the host who is offering this facility then you can imagine their quality of service :(

Before switching switching to any host it's better to have their reviews using Google or through some webmaster forums ( WHT/DP )

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts