I'm setting up over 20 websites, I have some questions.

• dchelix
  • Born
  • Born
  • dchelix

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, first off, let me describe to everyone what exactly(But not so exact) I'm doing.

I'm purchasing about 20 domains for proxy sites. I'd like to purchase one hosting plan so I can host all of the sites(in their own folders on the hosting space)

Is there any possible way to put around 20 domain names on one hosting plan? I think there is, isn't the feature I'm thinking of domain pointers? I'll have to google that.. What specifications should I look into when buying my hosting plan? I'm going to need a very dependable host, I am not interested in getting a dedicated hosting plan. Keep in mind these are proxy sites, where can I get proxy hosting for my specifications? Can i get proxy multisite hosting?

Thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Jepps98
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Umm, not exactly sure...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why?
  • Evenhost
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

if your host supports it just do them as "addon domains" However it sounds like your sites may be very CPU intensive in which case you may need to get a dedicated server. Most shared hosting plans only allow you to use 10% of the CPU cycles for any extended period of time and it sounds like you could use more than that if you are going to run 20 websites. 10% may not sound like a lot but it is more than enough to run most sites and you have to consider that there are a whole bunch of other people on the server with you.

Well hope it helps,
  • charlesgan
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

not many hosting provider will allow proxy site. And 20 of it will easily require a vps or a dedicated server already.

you can source at DP forum as there is many proxy provider there.
  • rllunzmann
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • rllunzmann
  • Loc: Wisconsin

Post 3+ Months Ago

as stated above, not many hosts will allow proxies on shared servers, most hosts will do this to keep the integrity/reliability of the server.

However, yes, you could essentially host 20 domains on 1 web hosting plan. I think that you would want a VPS for sites like these though. Plus you'll probably get a handful of unique IP's which will help your SEO ranking when linking between your 20 diff proxies.

Best of Luck!
  • john551
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • john551

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well whoever you signup, do confirm all your requirements before paying and have them sent an email to you. This will help you avoid future troubles for using high resources.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts