My Site Is Down!!

• Fitness4Living
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Belfast, Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

My website is not functioning, the hosting provider says they havent been able to fix it. My files are still on the server, I can access them, the administration panel, the stats page, but the actual site dont work. Anyone ideas, because me and my hosting providers are stuck.

PS Im really pissed with them and am demanding a refund or a free upgrade or Im switching hosts.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Fitness4Living
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Even better! Every image hosted on my site on any sig of mine in any forum is blown to hell too!!
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks like your website is back up.

Quote:
PS Im really pissed with them and am demanding a refund or a free upgrade or Im switching hosts.

It is always a good idea to stay patient. You can't expect a perfect host, and goes with other services too. Just like Broadband etc...

If you had a good experience before with the current host then there is no need to switch hosts. It could be that your just as likely to recieve problems as you had then.

Free upgrade or refund? Again you cant always expect a perfect host.

- I know this post is irrelevant but thought i post it anyway.
  • Fitness4Living
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah the site is back up. But it was down for 12 hrs!! I mean yea no host is perfect, but 12 hrs??

Now I cant login to the control panel for the site, these guys are really starting to get on my nerves.
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah 12 hours seems to be a long time but you honestly don't know whats happening on their end do you? For all you know they could be working harder on the problem than any other host could do.

It's understandable that your angry about it. Hosting costs peanuts these days, and because of the lower prices in the industry its also hard to afford alot of resources.

Hope it all goes well for you.

//Heres a contact number for you to ask them whats going on: http://www.ixwebhosting.com/index.php/h ... stomerCare
  • Fitness4Living
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great! Guess whats happening now. When I or anyone else tries to access any page of the site it asks for a username and password??? Even I cant get in never mind my visitors!! Is the host doing this for repairs or what?

This is very stressful!!

PS This particular site is hosted on ww.UKhost4u.co.uk and not IX webhosting, thats my sports site.
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
PS This particular site is hosted on ww.UKhost4u.co.uk and not IX webhosting, thats my sports site.

So fitness4living is with UKHost4U? Because i tried it and it asked me for username and password as you said.

Theres a telephone number on the http://www.ukhost4u.co.uk website. Call them and see what happens.
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

The username and password prompt is easy to resolve. Simply remark out each line in the /public_html/.htaccess (or wherever your root web folder is) that refers to authentication or delete the damn file. Why did you choose this host? Twelve hours of downtime is a bit much ...

BTW whatever link you have in this thread that refers/links to your site should be removed. I am getting your authentication prompt when I post to this thread.
  • Fitness4Living
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thats all fine and well but I can't even access the files, I can't access anything. And I know what you mean about the authentication prompt. It keeps popping up again 30 secs after I try to access the site.
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well uncensored-hosting could be right, move your website somewhere else. May just get worse from what it sounds.

Did you not contact support?

I take it you will be transferring this website to IXWebhosting too?

//EDITED: Im getting username and password prompt on your image now. Disturbing to be honest...
  • Fitness4Living
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

they now say that it is not any fault of theirs. They say that it was a "corrupt image" that caused the site to shut down.
I have not uploaded any images in about 1 and a half months and files I have uploaded contain no new images.
And yes, if this issue is not resolved soon I am switching to IX.
Also I have been in contact with their support all last night, all of today and I would continue tonight but the last message received by them says:

"This ticket is on HOLD. Please do not reply in the meantime."
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem

Post 3+ Months Ago

Transfer as soon as possible if i were you now. First they say it's not their fault when there suppose to maintain the server, then they stop you from requesting support? Doesn't sound right to me now.

I'm glad you decided to transfer.
  • Fitness4Living
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

just thought id update you guys, the host says they dont know what caused the problem and are reconfiguring the account. also, despite me having no prior access to any files i managed to get a full backup with the help of a technician at hostgator.com using the livechat.
Bigweb, thanks for posting that link there, you have potentially prevented my website files from being lost.
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem

Post 3+ Months Ago

Having a back-up of your website is good news. Your now ready to move lol.
  • Fitness4Living
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok guys, my website seems to be 100% back to normal now, although the customer support was so awful and my site was down for over 48 hours I am switching hosts within the next few days.
Thanks for your help and advice.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts