Site loads slow, should I go deticated

• simplyvacuums
  • Born
  • Born
  • simplyvacuums

Post 3+ Months Ago

My site is http://www.simplyvacuums.com and loads very slow, sometimes even times out. I have been searching for a few months for an answer to my problem and tried numerous ideas but none have worked.
The site is hosted on godaddy, with a shared account. Would going to a dedicated server have anything to do with the speed that the site loads?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Evenhost
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

it sounds like the server that your site is on is most likely overloaded. You could try moving to another host or buying a dedicated server. Both could potentially fix the problem.
  • john5269
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • john5269

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site seemed to load fine for me. I was going to say that it maybe the scripts of your site could be faulty and looping time and time again or something, but after looking at the site, I don't think that is the case. I think it is or was your website.

There were probably to many sites on one server where one or 2 were overloading it from time to time.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Would going to a dedicated server have anything to do with the speed that the site loads?

It should have a dramatic effect on speed if you're moving from shared hosting to dedicated.

It's like moving from an appartment building into a house.
There's alot of factors to consider.
  • BenS
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • BenS

Post 3+ Months Ago

Buying a dedicated server will definitely make your website load much faster, especially if you keep just your website on there. But first consider your options. Do you need a dedicated server? Or could you cope with a VPS? Note that there could be multiple VPS' on same server, so it is still a shared environment.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts