site sell webhost

• mafiaboy3
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mafiaboy3
  • Loc: Canda

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey guys

ive been doin some research on a webhost( my last one didn't make me happy). I see that alot of sites recommend sbi webhost( sitesell). Anybody have this webhost, and have they experienced any problems or have you also heard of this webhost?
  • morrisklein
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • morrisklein
  • Loc: Europe

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would go with either http://www.mediatemple.net or http://www.hostgator-hosting.com

Media Temple are updating their specs at the moment. They give a great service and they are very reliable. Some of their clients include Gucci and Sony.

Hostgator Hosting have a wide range of packages. They give great service aswell and they are very reliable. You will find alot of people really recommend hostgator.

goodluck....
  • eukhost
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • eukhost

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

I would advice you to make a decision which does not affect your business in any sense.

shane
  • linuxer
  • linuxer

Post 3+ Months Ago

eukhost wrote:
I would advice you to make a decision which does not affect your business in any sense.

shane

That's right. Hosting should not affect its client's business in any controllable condition.
  • benoitb
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Washington, DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Each hosting company, works best for a different type of person. You just have to do your research and take into consideration how you work, what you need and where you want to go, just like any relationship either business or personal. Choosing a webhost is like choosing a business partner and choosing a business partner is like choosing a spouse. (I mean that) So take into consideration what kind of support you need (phone or e-mail or both ) remember with the "real diamonds in the rough" you get what you pay for, and they may charge a little more. Don't mistake that for saying hosts that charge more are better - that's a popular misconception. Know what you feel comfortable with interms of the number of customers they have (bigger is not always better or the reverse - both of those can be very bad). Read their site, look at their services, research their trackrecord and if you feel comfortable - go for it. Don't rush it. :-)

Do note, that finding the perfect host for you is harder than it may seem, you can't just type in google and pick the 1st guy and think that it's the best (as chances are they paid for that or just had some really talented seo guy) the websites for top hosts are sometimes owned by hosting companies, or have exclusive partnerships. So yeah it get's kind of sketch but if you definitely ask around via word of mouth and refferals from real people I'm positive you have a better chance of finding a good webhost.

Simply find a popular site, and approach them, find who they are hosted with ask how they like the hosting. From what I've seen here is simply someone asks for a good host and then an uncontrolable amount of people are quick to offer links with no question asking or some web host makes some comment to simply state the obvious or what they think you want to hear, there are even people who just want to post liks to raise their post count. I'm not pessimistic about the future of the industry but there are some rough times ahead! Oh and lastly, there are geniune people with good intentions who do offer good advice and people who offer bad advice. Remember at the end of the day it's your site being hosted afterall.

This is my stance on the subject, and I do run a webhosting company. Am I seeking your business? no - I just like to hear success stories and I'm tired of the bad business and the scamming; tarnishing the reputation of the industry in which my business resides.
  • linuxer
  • linuxer

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good speech, benoitb! Especially like this sentence, "I just like to hear success stories "
  • coyouth
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

benoitb wrote:
Each hosting company, works best for a different type of person. You just have to do your research and take into consideration how you work, what you need and where you want to go, just like any relationship either business or personal. Choosing a webhost is like choosing a business partner and choosing a business partner is like choosing a spouse. (I mean that) So take into consideration what kind of support you need (phone or e-mail or both ) remember with the "real diamonds in the rough" you get what you pay for, and they may charge a little more. Don't mistake that for saying hosts that charge more are better - that's a popular misconception. Know what you feel comfortable with interms of the number of customers they have (bigger is not always better or the reverse - both of those can be very bad). Read their site, look at their services, research their trackrecord and if you feel comfortable - go for it. Don't rush it. :-)

Do note, that finding the perfect host for you is harder than it may seem, you can't just type in google and pick the 1st guy and think that it's the best (as chances are they paid for that or just had some really talented seo guy) the websites for top hosts are sometimes owned by hosting companies, or have exclusive partnerships. So yeah it get's kind of sketch but if you definitely ask around via word of mouth and refferals from real people I'm positive you have a better chance of finding a good webhost.

Simply find a popular site, and approach them, find who they are hosted with ask how they like the hosting. From what I've seen here is simply someone asks for a good host and then an uncontrolable amount of people are quick to offer links with no question asking or some web host makes some comment to simply state the obvious or what they think you want to hear, there are even people who just want to post liks to raise their post count. I'm not pessimistic about the future of the industry but there are some rough times ahead! Oh and lastly, there are geniune people with good intentions who do offer good advice and people who offer bad advice. Remember at the end of the day it's your site being hosted afterall.

This is my stance on the subject, and I do run a webhosting company. Am I seeking your business? no - I just like to hear success stories and I'm tired of the bad business and the scamming; tarnishing the reputation of the industry in which my business resides.

It's good to know that there's still people left with passion for what they do. :iconthumbright: I myself have been with a webhost for 3 years and am still. Although at that time, I didn't have the chance to read your kind of advice, I did my homework and selected what I felt was the best decision.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts