slow account activation, what can I do?

• darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Riverdale, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, here's the deal... I signed up with a hosting service (I won't say who yet because I'm giving them one last chance to fix things before I say bad about them... ok, I signed up for hosting on the 21st of may with a promise that my account would be up in 24 hours. They took my monthly fee of about $16 right when I signed up and I still have no service. What does everyone reccomend that I do? What should the "next step" be?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well the first thing I would recommend is delete your OZZU signature. After reading your question, I would want nothing to do with your hosting since you appear to depend upon worthless hosts for your own sites and can't even figure out how they ripped you off.

Just my opinion.
  • jnacool
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would give up on them by now if they haven't sorted you out, looks like a very very unreliable setvice, clearly not automated and that usually means they are cutting corners to save a few pennies.
  • darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
Well the first thing I would recommend is delete your OZZU signature. After reading your question, I would want nothing to do with your hosting since you appear to depend upon worthless hosts for your own sites and can't even figure out how they ripped you off.

Just my opinion.

Ok, that was really helpful.... This account wasn't for a client, this was for my site. The sites I will host won't be on this service, they will be on a highly reliable reseller or dedicated server host. I thought I might actually get help in here but, I was apparently wrong.

Edit... you're right, they are a worthless host, and I wasn't overly concerned about this site at the time although did expect to get an account. And, what do you mean I can't figure out how they ripped me off? I paid and there's no account, simple as that and they're beeing really bad about support.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think ATNO's point was, if you can't even get your own site hosted reliably, how can you offer to sell it? Even if it is on another host.

If the other host is more reliable, then just host your site with them.

With regard to your existing host, is this an automatic monthly payment? Or do you have to manually enter your credit card/paypal stuff?

If you paid on a credit card, simply call visa, file a fraud complaint. If you paid with PayPal, you've got 30 days from the date of the transaction to go complain. So, go complain and file a fraud complaint against them now while you still can.

It's been over 2 weeks since you paid, and you still do not have service. Are they responding to your E-Mails? Are they attempting to make up crappy excuses? Or just not responding at all?

Basically, here's what I would do...

If you paid via PayPal, tell them they have 3 days to refund your payment IN FULL (they can reverse the payment without costing you paypal fees, rather than simply negotiating a new transaction), and if your refund is not there in 3 days, that you will be filing a fraud complaint with PayPal in an attempt to recover your money, and you will also be filing with the FBI Online Fraud department (if they are in the US).

If it was with your credit card, simply call VISA and see what they say. File a fraud complaint, press charges, whatever they need you to do to recover your funds, tell them not to accept any charges from this company in the future, and if VISA will go with it (I don't know if they insure services the same way they do physical goods), file a complaint with the FBI Online Fraud department, then send them an E-Mail telling them that you have done so.

At this point, if it were me, I wouldn't WANT the account activated. I'd just want my money back, and to completely forget about them.

Btw, Welcome to Ozzu ;)
  • SSH-Raj
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

i would just do a charge back if you don't get any response. but that's just me :)
  • darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe wrote:
I think ATNO's point was, if you can't even get your own site hosted reliably, how can you offer to sell it? Even if it is on another host.

If the other host is more reliable, then just host your site with them.

With regard to your existing host, is this an automatic monthly payment? Or do you have to manually enter your credit card/paypal stuff?

If you paid on a credit card, simply call visa, file a fraud complaint. If you paid with PayPal, you've got 30 days from the date of the transaction to go complain. So, go complain and file a fraud complaint against them now while you still can.

It's been over 2 weeks since you paid, and you still do not have service. Are they responding to your E-Mails? Are they attempting to make up crappy excuses? Or just not responding at all?

Basically, here's what I would do...

If you paid via PayPal, tell them they have 3 days to refund your payment IN FULL (they can reverse the payment without costing you paypal fees, rather than simply negotiating a new transaction), and if your refund is not there in 3 days, that you will be filing a fraud complaint with PayPal in an attempt to recover your money, and you will also be filing with the FBI Online Fraud department (if they are in the US).

If it was with your credit card, simply call VISA and see what they say. File a fraud complaint, press charges, whatever they need you to do to recover your funds, tell them not to accept any charges from this company in the future, and if VISA will go with it (I don't know if they insure services the same way they do physical goods), file a complaint with the FBI Online Fraud department, then send them an E-Mail telling them that you have done so.

At this point, if it were me, I wouldn't WANT the account activated. I'd just want my money back, and to completely forget about them.

Btw, Welcome to Ozzu ;)

I am asking for a refund right now. They have only responded to my messages twice out of many more. I'm not going to post the hosting company name because I definately don't want to cause trouble and have them do something criminal with my credit card... I will give them more warning as to what I intend to do if this isn't fixed.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, like I said, if you paid by credit card, just tell them not to accept any charges from this company under any circumstances.

If this company does do something nasty with your card, then they will be in SERIOUS trouble - federally.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had problems of this sort before. Since you have requested for refund, theres nothing else you can do right now except to wait.

chances are that you wont be able to get any $$ back. try Read terms of service/contract if you are still wondering abt yr refund.

or u can start looking for a good host first. if you need help in this area, PM me. what can i say? I had my fair share of bad hosts before I found an extremely reliable one..haha :-)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts