Some questions about how to start a hosting business

• Morderon
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Morderon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello, I have been wondering about some things since I got interested to start a small hosting business by myself. Please bare with me, I have tried to "google it" still I havent found the specific answers that I have been looking for.

1. How do I get my server computer to work with the clients, so people can upload their index files and pictures on their own account to make a website of their own. And if I need a scrips / Program, where can I find it?

2. How do I host .com, .net etc, sites for others ? Do I need to contact some particular company that can sell me the rights to offer .com domains for my hosting solution.

3. If a costumer have bought a domain and hosting space from me and I have already made the payments and so on, where can I find a good script for the clients to manage their websites from my website so they can log in and edit their sites if they want to, I mean like a online ftp account and much more. And if theres no scrips or program out there that I can buy for this and that you can recommend for me then what scripting / programming language should I learn to make the right client handeling.

All of my questions is most about the rough stuff, how to start everything up from the very beginning to get something working atleast in a understandable way. And im sorry for all my typos, since english isn't my mother language. :P

Thanks for your understanding and thanks for all the answers!

/ Chrille, Morderon
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ranochio
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ranochio

Post 3+ Months Ago

to be honest i recomend you to start as a reseller
this is the best way for starting a hosting company

if you want to start as an independent server you need a lot of money.

I know from my experience
  • Muhammad Asad
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Muhammad Asad
  • Loc: Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have my own server. But i will really prefer u to first start as a reseller bc starting directly with a new servers will b very difficult. Sometimes, you will get hacked if you don't know much about server security issues etc.
  • Morderon
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Morderon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Muhammed: I got my answer before, thank you anyway
  • Muhammad Asad
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Muhammad Asad
  • Loc: Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

ur welcome...if u want some resellers then i can give u their urls etc!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts