Space, Bandwidth and Cost question?

• jnacool
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

This post is half research and half general wondering, how much spcae do you guys look for when you decide on a host? As well as that how much bandwidth do you think is a good ammount? One last question what kinda prices do you all pay for your hosting, whether anually or monthly.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• this213
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: ./

Post 3+ Months Ago

That all depends on how much traffic you think your site will generate and how much space you need for your files. Anything I host out of my network, I pay $95/year for 1GB of storage space and 50GB's of traffic. Anything that requires more than that I host here.
  • Carnix
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Has anyone found any place that can beat this:

http://www.m6.net/web-hosting-prices.asp

If so, PLEASE let me know. I'd like to find a place with comparable service (they tech support is good too, amazingly enough), but without all the Windows hullabaloo. A friend an I are about to combine our companies (I incorporated myself, so technically the freelance work I do is all done through my company, not simply me) into a joint venture that, among other things, will be doing software and website design and programming, as well as host reselling (his company specializes in multimedia production, they've also done some recording and production work for Def Jam, OutKast and a number of other local Atlanta R&B artists).

Anyway, this place is about the best I've seen. I'd love to hear if anyone knows of a better place, especially one that isn't all Windows flavored.

Thanks!
.c
  • this213
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: ./

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.fluxservices.com/hosting-plans.php
  • Carnix
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

this213 wrote:
http://www.fluxservices.com/hosting-plans.php

mmm... It's cheaper, but I get more transfer and more disk space with m6. Fewer mySQL databases with m6, but more website domains...

I'm looking for something that is Linux/Apache based, instead of IIS, that can give me the equivalent of AT LEAST the M6 PRO-kit at $45/mo (paying for a year at a time is not a problem at these rates). I mean... 200GB transfer, 12 GB storage, 25 seperate websites/domains. This even gives me 2 streaming media servers...

I wonder how these guys can stay in business, to be honest.

(By the way... this isn't meant to be an advertisement... I'm actually asking for a better recommendation than these guys... I can see how someone might think I'm promoting M6... I'm not... I'm interested in leaving them, actually, but I need to find someone that provides as good a service first.)

.c
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.ukhost4u.com

I use the business plan

nice features

tec support is gr8, u can add them to msn :P
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

which country is m6 from ?

how reliable are they ? I am looking for a web host too.

Mine gives me alot of bandwidth -60 gb/ month although i dont need that much. 2 gb space also.
all for 90 USD /yr

but they suck. service and response time = bad! :x
  • targetlocked
  • targetlocked

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am my own host now, but I used to decide by value according to my needs. I usually went with the cheap hosts (bad decision) and they all screwed me over.

I suggest you choose the more expensive hosts. Never go with "unlimited!"

I own http://www.websiteunited.com and offer 99cents/month for 100 megs which is reasonable. I do profit, but prices in the past month 10x! (for new servers, support agents)

aol: webunitedsupport
sales@websiteunited.com
  • Carnix
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

madmonk wrote:
which country is m6 from ?
how reliable are they ? I am looking for a web host too.

M6's NOC is in Huntville Alabama. So far, they seem pretty reliable, although they are really geared toward Windows systems. They're support for mySQL and PHP apps isn't very good. That's not to say it's BAD... its just they tend to be more MS oriented, which is fine if you're developing ASP apps.

I'm looking for a low cost reseller plan based on Linux running Apache/mySQL/PHP instead of a Microsoft platform...

Incidently... I couldn't access http://www.websiteunited.com/ for some reason, not sure if it's a problem with my local network or what...
  • Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11
  • Loc: Southampton - UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Check these out, They provide everything that you said you require. I am with them and i have found them to be excellent.

For $65 a year some of the things you get are-

3000mb space
50 gb monthly traffic
5 Domain names!!
unlim sub.domains
unlim mail boxes
unlimited MySQL Database
C-Panel with fantastico

Here is there site if you would like to have a better look www.yrhost.com

Check them out and let me know what you think.
  • Carnix
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Those guys really aren't bad. I'm specifically interested in the reseller plans. Are you familiar with how that works?

With this company, would this be accurate?
I have 25 clients, paying $5.99 a month for hosting. I'm using the $50 a month reseller plan from YRHost. This means, EACH client gets the listed resources (25GB storage, 300GB transfer, unlimited databases, mail, domains and aliases, etc), and since it says "unmetered" for max number of domains, I can have as many as I want... SO... with 25 clients at $5.99 a month, I'll be making $99.75 a month (minus taxes, of course).

Is that right, or are these resources listed TOTAL for all accounts? In other words, while I can have unlimited domains, ALL accounts are subject to 25GB disk space and 300GB transfer per month?

M6 doesn't have specific reseller plans. You by a plan level, which are really really good already, then tack on $3 a month per resell client.

Looks like, either way, YRHost is a bit better, given I want to leave IIS-based servers...

I knew posting this here would be worth while =] Ozzu kicks ass. 8)

.c
  • Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11
  • Loc: Southampton - UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

If i was you i would get in contact with them and see if they can help you. Its always best to ask them the questions because this means you get an idear of what their customer service is like and the information is straight out of the horses mouth and you know it is true.

When i have questions i normally ask in the forum before i raise a ticket.
  • Carnix
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have. They seems to have really good plans. My business partner and I started comparing them to M6 and both of us were pretty blown away. He's already contacted them to start a non-reseller plan since, for the same or better service, it's like $4 instead of $10/month, the individual plans are pay-by-year instead of month, which is cool.

Hey, I mentioned to them that someone referred me... except that I don't know who you are =] No big deal, they haven't actually gotten back to me yet anyway. You might get something.. I don't know, a browny button or a gold star maybe :), for referring a new customer to them. If they ask, I'll let you know, you can PM me your name or something.

.c
  • surfozzu
  • Born
  • Born
  • surfozzu

Post 3+ Months Ago

Check http://www.cpanelx.us. with free fantastico applications.

Even with their regular packages you can add more domains for only $3. Since they sell by the generous Gig, for example you can split your 3 GB into small chunks and resell. You can work out the math and see which approach gets you the most.

As a developer I have used them to build several of my client's sites and managed the sites/email with cPanel. :shock:
  • virtualwebc
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

jnacool wrote:
This post is half research and half general wondering, how much spcae do you guys look for when you decide on a host? As well as that how much bandwidth do you think is a good ammount? One last question what kinda prices do you all pay for your hosting, whether anually or monthly.

It all depends on how big is your site? Whats the estimated site traffic?
Is your site Normal,Flash,Gaming,Audio+Video Streaming?

These things key in when consulting a hosting company about how much you need and what kind of server you should be placed on.
  • whidave
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • whidave

Post 3+ Months Ago

I Honestly Prefer to use a Hole server as then I have control over what happens on it and what goes on it.

I use http://c-hosting.net/dedicated.htm

They have added some new servers recently at the bottom. You can get Free cPanel or Free Ensim Pro with them 6 servers on the bottom. Also its my understanding with them bottom servers they are now allowing you to Customize it in any way you want, like Add Rade 1 an another hdd or more B/W or Ram and so on. I Find them to be vary good.

Dave
P.s. cPanel and ensim Pro both can be setup for selling to resellers witch could give you another way to make money. Just a Thought
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

whidave yr link is not working.
  • whidave
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • whidave

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry i added a . at the end and it decided to include it in the URL

i've seen many others do the same on here aready lol.

Dave

:idea: P.s. Hey i know the fokes there at c-hosting fairly well, i might be able to get a deal on them new servers like half setup or free setup. If anyones interested let me know and i'll contact them see what i can get for yall. :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts