H-SPHERE resolves non-existent domains to local IP

• bizzzare
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bizzzare
  • Loc: OC, NJ

Post 3+ Months Ago

We have just noticed that when you make a connection from the server with H-SPHERE control panel to some non-existent or not available domain it resolves to local IP and default H-SPHERE page instead of "404 Not fount" or something appropriate. Is this some server setting or how can this be turned off? I need all those proper responses (404, 403) be returned rather than that default page.

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting
  • Loc: Wishing I was in Kicking Horse

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can you elaborate on this a little further?

If the domain or IP is non-existent on the server, the requested would receive a page cannot be displayed? how can you receive your default hsphere page when the domain or IP doesnt exist on the server? (I apologize if I have misunderstood)

If you are talking about a specific url:

ie) domain.com/page1.html - if page1.html doesnt exist, and you want specific 404 functionality - from the hsphere control panel that contains that domain - select web options - then set the 404 to behave in whatever manner you desire..

Hope this helps...
  • bizzzare
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bizzzare
  • Loc: OC, NJ

Post 3+ Months Ago

the problem was solved and the solution is modification of host.conf to lookup DNS first. By default it resolves all not-available or non-existent domains and pages to local IP.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts