stay away from hostxl

• darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Riverdale, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had been hosting with them after they acquired another hosting company I had been a part of. Suddenly, they sent me this email and simultaneously killed my account:
Code: [ Select ]
Dear WHM-Host Clients

All WHM-HOST will be removed from server due to the fact whm-host paypal account has been closed by paypal due to much fraud, which means all WHM-Host clients are reciving free hosting at the moment.

THIS E-MAIL IS ONLY FOR WHM-HOST CLIENTS AND NOT HOSTXL.NET CLIENTS. We are very sorry for this change but this has to be done.

Host XL Inc.
www.HostXL.net
  1. Dear WHM-Host Clients
  2. All WHM-HOST will be removed from server due to the fact whm-host paypal account has been closed by paypal due to much fraud, which means all WHM-Host clients are reciving free hosting at the moment.
  3. THIS E-MAIL IS ONLY FOR WHM-HOST CLIENTS AND NOT HOSTXL.NET CLIENTS. We are very sorry for this change but this has to be done.
  4. Host XL Inc.
  5. www.HostXL.net

This was done without any warning and the entirety of my sites were lost. Beware of this all, never host with them, this is beyond bad business.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Had something similar happen to me, except you had the luxury of a notice, my host just disappeared! One of the 1000 lessons learned from the experience, back up your files after every modification.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

"blessed is the pessimist, for he hath made backups"
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lol. Amen.
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol

ATNO/TW wrote:
"blessed is the pessimist, for he hath made backups"
  • darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol, yes. I had made backups of most things but databases must be remade. That email I got was not a notice, for it was sent at the same time that the account was terminated.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

this is something I will never understand...

you MADE the site. you UPLOADED the site...and then what, deleted it? I just don't get how you can rely on the host to keep all your files for you and why you wouldn't maintain a copy of your site on your own computer. :scratchhead:

I'm not saying you did this, but time and again I see stories from people that complain the host lost a hard drive, blew up a server, went out of business, disappeared, etc and then they say "I lost everything!"

Is it "uncool" or something? not enough disk space on your home computer? baffles me...
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

UNFLUX wrote:
this is something I will never understand...

you MADE the site. you UPLOADED the site...and then what, deleted it? I just don't get how you can rely on the host to keep all your files for you and why you wouldn't maintain a copy of your site on your own computer. :scratchhead:

I'm not saying you did this, but time and again I see stories from people that complain the host lost a hard drive, blew up a server, went out of business, disappeared, etc and then they say "I lost everything!"

Is it "uncool" or something? not enough disk space on your home computer? baffles me...

I concur; one should always use a staging environment for production development.
  • darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh, I have copies of the site at home. What I lost was some forum data that I wasn't able to back up because the databases had some problems on the server. I agree, one should always keep a copy of that site but, I would also say that it is the worst business practice possible to simply cancel an account because of problems with a paypal account. That, is when you notify the customer and then agree (or not) to work something out, not just end the account. Now, I have to get another host and, because I'm on registar.com for DNS, it seems to go extremely slowly to propogate everything.. downtime that I could certainly do without.
  • whm_host_client
  • Born
  • Born
  • whm_host_client

Post 3+ Months Ago

That happened to me too...

I lost all data hosted on their server.

For me, WHM-HOST or HOSTXL are still the same owner. They changed their name is just an excuse for their bad hosting service.

Read below

-----------------------

WHM-HOST is a very bad hosting service. I paid in advanced for 1 year and just used their hosting for a few months. I always had problem like no supporting, downtime, lost datas..Then they said, WHM-HOST were bought by HOSTXL (http://www.hostxl.net) and I've recently received an email that they would close all accounts of WHM-HOST clients. In order to continue using their hosting, I must purchase one of their packages.

Why there is a hosting service like that...

Thanks.

-----------------------
If domain is not working then yiu were a whm-host client.

Account is not in our datebase, it seems you were a WHM-Host client, all
whm-host clients have been removed from server due to the fact that
whm-host paypal account has been closed and we can't bill whm-host clients
any more.

If you like to stay with host xl you must order one of our hosting packages.

Reply By: Goce Kosteski
Host XL Inc.
http://www.HostXL.net

----------------------------------------------

* IMPORTANT
There is international law that we should report to services that are acting illegal like this as According to International Law, and the United Nations Statuatory Agreement Act, any internet company that purchases another company inherits the obligations and duties performed by said company

If you have any question or need help to get refund ..etc.. email me at blueimailbox-guard@yahoo.com
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think this is enough...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts