stephen j arnett - apache "baby"

• stephen-j-arnett
  • Born
  • Born
  • stephen-j-arnett

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello my name is Stephen J Arnett , I've never used apache, know little php/sql, but I use C++ and Java extensively. My boss told me there's a bunch of files that users download off of. He basically wants me to move those files to a new drive (which i have done...all that remains is to map the drive), then use apache to map users to download off the new drive i installed. Is there an .ini or .conf file i should be looking at? How do I go about mapping the new drive? This is on a windows machine I might add. I could only find linux help when i googled it, so any feedback will help
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

You don't need Apache to map a drive. Make sure that file sharing is enabled on the machine that holds the drive you want to map, right click on the drive in My Computer and go to the sharing tab. Share the drive. If you don't want to share the entire drive, then just share the files in question.

Now, you didn't say if there was a domain or if it's a peer to peer network. Either way, you have to map the drives from the users' machines which is done in explorer. Go to Tools, map network drive.

If there is a domain and you have a large number of client machines, then you can use a login script to map the drives instead.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts