Strange WebMail Script Issue on Shared Hosting

• Prodigal Son
  • Born
  • Born
  • Prodigal Son

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi to all,

I'm sorry if this has been posted in the wrong section of this forum and please feel free to move it if it has.

I am currently working for a company to install a WebMail system onto their shared hosting WebSpace. I did some research and decided that SquirrelMail would be the best choice for them. I also looked at RoundCube but decided that as it was still beta and SquirrelMail had better plug-in system I would go with the squirrel.

I have installed the script but it seems temperamental in its operation. I am thinking it is a session issue or maybe it is how their web host’s systems are setup. They have a cluster server setup with the mail servers and MySQL servers separate from the web server. I have only used web hosts whereby the mail server is located on the same machine as the web server.

The question I wanted to ask is whether with a load balanced system such as this would there be any issue with the WebMail script on the server finding the mail server. At times it will work and as long as I keep the session open this is also fine. The trouble with this is that when I deliver the WebMail system it is then out of my hands.

Is this a hosting issue? Is it a PHP issue? I think the scripts are php4 scripts and the servers are running php5. Would that cause an issue?
I have tried both SquirrelMail and RoundCube and when one can log in so can the other and visa versa.

If you require more information then let me know.

If you can provide any help or directions to the cause of this then it would be much appreciated. If not then I suppose it was a long shot.

Thanks in advance :D

ProdSon
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 1 post