Tell me how you understand multi location hosting

• Host1Plus
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everybody,

please tell me more about how you understand multi location hosting?
What you need from it? And what you expect?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Homework time?
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I understand it very well.

What I need from it is to be highly available.

I expect that I will continue to draw a paycheck as more and more companies understand the need for availability.
  • onlyican.com
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Hants, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

isn't there a ban on people completing homework Assignments on this forum?

Google is a very good tool.

As alanwalters just pointed out as we both found the same result, I guess it took him as long as it did me, all of 2 seconds
  • franticuser
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • franticuser

Post 3+ Months Ago

What company are you talking about the OP?
  • Tonzilit
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

When it's located in many countries.
  • Salami1_1
  • Born
  • Born
  • Salami1_1

Post 3+ Months Ago

don't go to host1plus dot com they are most worthless hosting company ever.

What they do:
- they rent some dedicated servers from different companies in different places. Then they configure them poorly and sell you 'unlimited'

Further more they loose ALL your data and then start lying to you. They have lost ALL data (files + databases) from all customers on 'their' US server. This was over a month ago and still no data or anything back. After a lot of complaining and asking they said on support my data was lost, on the forum they are still saying yes 'in three weeks you will have it back'.

Furthermore they allow spammers on their servers as the bear (UK) server is blacklisted on 2 major spam lists. Because of this none of order confirmation emails to my customers can be delivered in case of @live or @hotmail addresses (others have problem also).

Now they ban me from their forum because they don't want to to state the facts. Their support is terrible and communication is almost non-existent their English is very bad too and in their support replies they are VERY arrogant.

All proof of my story (screenshots ect) will be online soon at host1plus-sucks dot com . Yes that is how much I detest them. I want to warn everybody that has a serious website NOT to make the same mistake I did.
  • Chaze
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: WebHost.pro

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think it mean they have multiple places where the servers are located. You could really use that term for almost anything. my hosting has global DNS which simple means they have dns servers in multiple countries.

Most resellers use multiple hosts and could call themselves multi location hosting

Cloud computing uses multiple servers together in different locations but the security and reliability is not there for this yet.
  • Gevorro

Post 3+ Months Ago

it's a hosting located in many countries of the world, and uses computers from all over the world to work
  • caroli
  • caroli

Post 3+ Months Ago

If one server fails in one location another server can take it UP (Fault tolerance)
If there is a more load on one server load can be shared with other server (load balancing)
  • casius
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey I can tell you what it is :)

There are three types of multi location web hosting services.
1. When company provides web hosting service in different countries / regions, but has not added the locations together. In another words when web hosting company just has the ordinary server in more than one location.

2. When company provides web hosting service in different countries and connected the whole network together, so that clients could easily migrate from our location to another.

3. When company provides web hosting service which is by default connected with CDN network which guarantees the fastest load time for website hosted anywhere in the world. It is very helpful for huge projects which needs to have access for visitors aronf the globe.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts