The domain within a package

• Ofario
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Ofario

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is that anyhow reasonable to use free domains offered by such companies as mmhosting and marblehost?
They have affordable packages but I heard horror stories about such free domains... Maybe someone has any experience? Please share!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• DanKo
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Think it's convenient but it's better to keep eggs in different baskets.
  • boilingpoint
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

But why? what is wrong with marblehost.com or all these providers? Will they hit my basket with eggs somehow?

Never experienced and never heard someone did, only suppositions and opinions...
  • Pof
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Pof

Post 3+ Months Ago

My personal experience proves that it is better to register domain names and buy hosting from different companies. I suggest you to register domain names with accredited registrars.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

My first website had the domain included with the hosting and I had no problems related to that for the two years I had the website.

I never tried to transfer the domain to another host, or sell the website though, and that's where someone would most likely have run into problems.

Based on my experience, I would have to say that there's no problems with free domain names if you want to make a personal website, but if you plan on starting a business you should probably avoid free domains unless you're confident that you'll be prepared to pay some sort of inflated fee down the road to gain control of the domain.
  • funnyface
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • funnyface
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Much depends on the company which offers this. I know MMhosting.com is reliable, so I think you would likely have domains with no problems. Anyway, read Terms of Service attentivealy, especially points regarding this question.
  • Robin007
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can also compare serverpoint.com offers, because they offer the lowest prices they can, while figuring in costs such as reliable equipment, redundant bandwidth, and a highly-trained staff. And I advise you to register domain names with accredited companies because it will be more secure.
  • Tonzilit
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

You know apthost.com offers a free domain name in their plans as well and I believe their service costs less.
And the company provides so many useful resources that you will not need to find additional ones somewhere else.
  • Unnamed

Post 3+ Months Ago

It seems more companies than I imagined are providing free domains. However I also know some horror stories about tsuch gifts and the only company that seems to be transparent in terms of free domain names is glowhost.com.

However, I do not know about others... certainly some, or even all of them could be really honest and good to get a fre domains, but I need to know more than just offer to sign up.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts