the perils of florida

• nadaness
  • nadaness
  • Loc: tejas

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow so hurricane charlie just did some nastiness to my hosting companies datacenter. it didn't take out all the servers but it must of done a number on them cause they have a page asking for thoughts and prayers.

so, what should i learn from this? take into account the weather patterns of the location of your data center. man that sucks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, something like this is beyond anybody's control, and a hurricane like this doesn't come along too often. I'm in Sarasota, and we were expecting to face the main brunt of it just as it hit land. Fortunately it shifted, and we got the soft side of the hurricane as it landed, but Ft. Meyers is toast.

A natural disaster can happen anywhere at any time, and sometimes there's nothing that can be done to prevent them.

It sucks more for the people living there, trust me :)
  • nadaness
  • nadaness
  • Loc: tejas

Post 3+ Months Ago

your location makes a lot of sense now :-)

And yeah, natural disasters suck. i lived in tokyo for 4 years; nothing quite like that island for getting acquainted with mother nature's power.

it was more of a bubble bursterer, like 'oh... i guess the internet actually has to have a physical manifestaion somewhere.'

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts