I think this is one of the best Hosting Companies around.

• SearlNetwork
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Iowa City, IA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was using http://www.brinkster.com but they had too many limits for my needs. I then found http://www.mosso.com when looking at rackspace.com. Mosso was founded by two of the founders of rackspace. They offer a state of the art hosting solution. It is a cluster of both Linux and windows (IIS). Well it would be better to take a look instead of reading my description.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

This isn't Tommy Boy, we aint talking beef.

This is the internet, we're talking word of mouth.

It's much better to get your full description before checking anything out.

How do we know it's not a phishing site ?
  • SearlNetwork
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good call I like your style!

Like i was saying, Mosso was founded by two of the founders of Rackspace. They have design a complex cluster of windows server and linux server for the best of both worlds. You can pick to have Linux as your default Technologies or Windows (IIS) as your default Technologies. They offer 80GB of HD space and 2000GB of bandwith. The coolest thing they enable you to do is become a hosting company your self. Client contact you, tell how much HD space and Bandiwth they need, or you can build your own web hosting plans.

The way it works:

You pay 100.00 month
you build your website and then turn around and sell your own hosting plans. by paying 100.00 month the only thing that cost you when you add a new client is the cost of the domain and if they need MS Sql database. You get unlimited email and mysql database. you can charge what ever you want through the mosso hosted billing system. they can collect the money and pay you.

New Features are being add. They are working on an SSL system. and many new features. Do to there complex and unusual cluster of windows and linux they have to teach standard Technologies new tricks.

For a more in depth and detailed description please check out the Mosso web Site @

http://www.mosso.com
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am wary of anyone this late in the game 'looking into SSL'.
  • SearlNetwork
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Daemonguy wrote:

As i stated before. they have a very complex cluster system that provents them for using some standard Technologies. I would think they would have to go and reinvent things like SSL. and php, asp.net, ect... as when you singup for am account you are not assigned to a single server. more like a goup of servers.

Plus the founders of mosso being the founders of rackspace i would trust that they know what they are doing.
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

SearlNetwork wrote:
Daemonguy wrote:

As i stated before. they have a very complex cluster system that provents them for using some standard Technologies. I would think they would have to go and reinvent things like SSL. and php, asp.net, ect... as when you singup for am account you are not assigned to a single server. more like a goup of servers.

Plus the founders of mosso being the founders of rackspace i would trust that they know what they are doing.

Even a 'complex cluster' does not prevent one from utilizing standard technology; a cluster is, after all, a group of machines operating in concert. Such as Linux HPC Clusters; all of which may be running the standard applications.

I am quite familiar with HA infrastructures, I assure you. That does not prevent me from using SSL on my geographically dispersed arrays of web servers.

Cheers.
  • SearlNetwork
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

just to make sure that we are on the same page. I can go buy a SSL Cert and have them install it for me. I was talking about there own SSL Authority were i can go buy an SSL right form them instead of buying one for other company like thawe or go daddy. like i had said the founders of mosso also two of the founders of Rackspace and itrust that they know what they are doing.

sorry for any confusion.
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

SearlNetwork wrote:
just to make sure that we are on the same page. I can go buy a SSL Cert and have them install it for me. I was talking about there own SSL Authority were i can go buy an SSL right form them instead of buying one for other company like thawe or go daddy. like i had said the founders of mosso also two of the founders of Rackspace and itrust that they know what they are doing.

sorry for any confusion.

So they are attempting to b come a signing authority or have their CA placed into the root? I see.

As for trusting someone just because they founded anything; ask the folks at Enron about that. :)
  • stalk
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks promising, but shell access is a requirement for me... I don't need root, but I do need a shell.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts