• No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• The Shrew
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

There must be some catch somewhere? If you are going to make one of those auction sites that they mentioned, then sure.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
1. Security Deposit: We require a $100 security deposit, which will be REFUNDED to you after you have had 3 months of generating $200+ from your auction. This is to be sure you are serious about this business.

2. Hosting: Hosting is free for at least the first 6 months. After the first 6 months that you are in business, you must generate a minimum total (gross) monthly income of $200 with your auction site to maintain your free hosting account.

3. Domain: If you use one of our domains, we will maintain control of the domain.

4. Cancellation: If at any time you are in violation of what we consider honest business dealings and etiquette, your auction will be terminated.

5. Ad Space: We retain two spaces of advertising on each page for our own purposes.

6. Money: All money is split between you and us, 50% each.

Other Opportunities

For every franchise that is referred through you, you will recieve 25% of that business's net income for LIFE.

I don't know if I like that 50/50 split thing or the fact that they don't specify the cost if you don't generate the $200 a month or whether they just take the site away from you. If I were going to do an auction site, I think I'd do it myself and take all the profits AND be able to control the advertising. (Notice they don't pay you for the advertising they post on your site.

I don't think I'd call this one a good deal.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok lets say they are giving me a deal an i dont haft to pay $100 if i find my own host then is it more of a deal?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I suppose it depends. Do you have something worth auctioning that people are going to want? How good are you at marketing and advertising your site to generate fresh and repeat traffic quickly? Do you have a good enough product to auction to generate enough gross income to make it worth your time? Do you have enough products to auction to generate repeat traffic?

I don't know - maybe it's just because I'm not personally interested in auctions - I'm just not overly impressed with the concept.
  • The Shrew
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with ATNO after reading that information. I would skip this one if I were you Cow. You could make much more money by doing it yourself. That is, if you're really interested in making an auction site. You'll have one big obstacle if this is your goal, Ebay. Ebay has a very good reputation and is known to almost anyone.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

i wounder if ebay will place a ad for the site on there site. how much would that cost?
  • The Shrew
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cow, I'm sorry but I couldn't make out what you were trying to say in that post. Could you repeat it?
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

i read and re-read his post 4 times. no clue...
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

UNFLUX wrote:
i read and re-read his post 4 times. no clue...

he is just asking if EBay would place one of the auction ads on their site - but i highly doubt it. They want to keep customers within their site.
  • deFaye
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • deFaye
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

cowkiller wrote:
is this a deal?
http://www.BuyMyNetwork.com
i think i am going to give it a try
what do you think?

this deal sucks it has loads of hidden charges, go to http://www.34sp.com and pay for a cheap 2 year one that has all the privaledges. take the profit yourself not these sly BUYMYNETWORK fools...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts