Is This The Concept?

• ecko!
  • Born
  • Born
  • ecko!

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is this how all this works with running a dedicated server?

We have 4 IP's from our deciated server. We are going to use this service to host and rent game servers. Say I want to provide hosting for 3 clients and I have other clients that just want game servers.

Hosting:

I use 3 of the 4 IP's for hosting and setup there information for disk space, bandwidth, etc. (for each plan). This includes ftp and control panel access.

Question: So those 3 IP's means I only can give out 3 hosting plans? Or can I run multiple hosting plans off of one IP?

Answer: ?

Game Servers

Ok, that leaves me with the 4th IP I have to use. I decide that this IP will be the one to provide game servers. I will be running 4 game servers off this IP. Now I have 4 clients that want a game server. They need a control panel for the game server which includes the following

- start server
- stop server
- file manager

Question: How do I setup these 4 clients with ftp access to each game server? All the 4 servers are running on the same IP but with differ ports. I need to know how I set them up with a fto access? (4 differ ftp accounts but with same IP)

Answer: ?

This was the ticket a submitted to my host. I am using the PLesk control panel and I just need the concept of howdedicated server works. Maybe you guys can give some input

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 1 post