Time I got a DOT com too

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've being looking at http://www.hostmonster.com right now to launch my site...

Did anyone had any experiences with them? According to Top 10 cheap web hosting providers they come in as second. And I've being looking at http://www.webhostingpad.com/

Any help/advice?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hate corporate hosts. Also I dont use any host that offers unmetered and expesially not ones that offer unlimited. Unflux has a great package for getting started. If you need anything larger you can move up. I currently use webfaction for my large hosting. Mainly because its like a VPS but they manage the server framework. You just have the option to install any software you want, as long as you stay under your allowed memory.

Also I love the setup webfaction has on their servers.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with the fact that it's unsafe to get a hosting account with hosts who say that the Diskspace and bandwidth is unlimited...

http://www.hostgator.com <- Is this a reliable host?

I've heard some good hostpapa comments... (is http://www.bigbluehost.com/ a reliable host? the silver package...)

[EDIT] I made my choice... webfaction.com... thanks SpooF (I'll try one month with them and if that goes bad... [joke]your fault SpooF :lol: [/joke] I'll find a better and more reliable host).
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I'll be darned. I just bought service with webfaction and just now learned that they don't register any domains. So, I should register my domain where and point it towards webfaction's servers? This is g*y!
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you will find that true with about almost all hosts. I use godaddy to register domains.

If you need any help with webfaction feel free to ask, but their support is amazing. Also if you really want to be able to use webfaction to its fullest start reading the unix/linux forums :) Alot of server manipulation requires running commands through ssh.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

SpooF wrote:
I think you will find that true with about almost all hosts. I use godaddy to register domains.

If you need any help with webfaction feel free to ask, but their support is amazing. Also if you really want to be able to use webfaction to its fullest start reading the unix/linux forums :) Alot of server manipulation requires running commands through ssh.

I know that their support is amazing. They told me that they are in the process of integrating a domain registration into their site... I'm using their forum and it took them about 1 hour to answer me compared to days other hosts take.

I don't trust godaddy through a lot of bad BAD reviews on them. And by "a lot" I mean hundreds if not more. I did my research ;) (Not well enough seeing I didn't know that webfaction didn't register domains).

I might just cancel my account with webfaction, wait for them to integrate the domain registration and than I would re-sign-up (If they do it soon).

If not, I might just use some other service...

Nevermind... I'm using namecheap.com

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts