Too much b/s!!

• sanjose
  • Born
  • Born
  • sanjose

Post 3+ Months Ago

O.k. so i've been looking for over 4 days now for a decent host and it's getting annoying as hell. there are alot of "good" hosts out there, but non that can handle the bandwidth which I am looking for. I'd go with Iccinternet.com but from the looks of it, they maybe another serversun mistake. So getting tired of the b/s in finding a good host. I'm with hummingbirdhosting.com right now and they've been good far as support and hosting, but they don't have any other packages besides the 35 g/b per month package. (and by god am I gonna pay 3 bucks/gb on overages.)

So maybe if you guys are aware of or know of an semi decent large bandwidth hosts, I'd be graciously in your debt. (probably pay you back in cans of beer...hehehehe) but this is what I'm looking for:

700 megs space (maybe 600 and over 700 is even better)
70 gb bandwidth (needs to be at least can be 65 gb maybe)
2 email accounts
php (doesn't have to be but is better)
1 ftp account

and the rest is whatever, whatever.....

I would like to stay in the bugget of like around 25 - 45 bucks a month (less is better of course)

This is non-adult related stuff and is mostly just compressed ut2003 files.

Please let me know if anyone has or is aware of any half decent hosts that wants business.

Thanx
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use http://interland.com for my own and all my clients. They are one of the largest and very good service -- reasonably priced. Check it out and if you want, PM me and I'll get my account rep to call you to answer whatever questions you have. They have Windows and Linux servers and can support what you need.

PS --their Windows servers support ASP (obviously) And the Linux PHP -- but never the twain shall meet. I'd love to see an option that supports both.

As a secondary recommendation I'd suggest:
http://aitg.com/

Their basic package is cheap and PHP is supported as well as SQL database. I think I remember unlimited bandwidth is fairly standard.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

i use http://www.powweb.com
they have
Disk Space 1,000 MB
Data Transfer/Bandwidth 65 GB/mo.
pretty cheap too and have been around for a while - so far i havent heard any complaints, I signed up with them yesterday have had no hassles and payment went through easy.
$93.24 a year plus an extra 2 months free.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can offer you exactly what you mentioned above + more for $50.00 a month. You would be located on one of my dedicated servers with a very nice connection. People would be able to download stuff very fast if that is what you need.
  • sirgamesalot
  • sirgamesalot
  • Loc: london ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should think about hosting Dedicated or semi dedicated.

Also what kind of bandwidth are you looking for? Im in PEER1.net right now (amoung the best datacenters in the world for fast and reliable bandwidth).

If you are looking for a hosting solution with very respectible and fast bandwidth then please feel free to e-mail eddy@hostburst.com and i can talk more on the subject.

Best regards,
Eddy
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

musik wrote:
i use http://www.powweb.com
they have
Disk Space 1,000 MB
Data Transfer/Bandwidth 65 GB/mo.
pretty cheap too and have been around for a while - so far i havent heard any complaints, I signed up with them yesterday have had no hassles and payment went through easy.
$93.24 a year plus an extra 2 months free.

Powweb is up to a gig disk space now?! Dammmmn I need to check on that!
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah not bad huh - ive already signed some clients up and got my $15 referral fee for each of them :lol:
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

hehheh cool, I am still waiting on yours :-/
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

it takes 30 days - thats the opt out period, it still shows in your OPS section tho :D
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

where abouts I can't find it anywhere :-/
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

its in your accounting section where all your hosting payment details are on the left hand side towards the bottom - says Referral For Package ID:number - the date and $15 pending :D
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't see it, guess it didn't go through :(
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

it should have - i used the link you gave me i am going to PM you with more info you can ask them what has happened..
  • iBold
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • iBold

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just a thought...

http://www.greyhosting.com allows you to post your hosting requirements and let hosts bid out the project, you might want to give that a go.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts